Crazy Auntie

Attended M.o.b.i.l.e Y.o.u.t.h yesterday and one of the biggest highlights was meeting Timothy Tiah in person:


It was kinda funny and I think Tim must have thought I'm a mad auntie stalking him... The moment he stepped in, I was so eager to go up to him and say hello... but each time I looked at him, he was always surrounded by a group of people... In the end... before I left... I walked up to him, tapped his shoulder and said: "Hi!!! You must be Timothy Tiah... I read your blog!".

Although this was the first time I met him in person, I felt as if I've known him for ages... thanks to his blog and Twitter... so imagine my excitement when I get to see him in person... He casually asked if I own a blog to which I responded by saying I do but is still in the midst of contemplating whether I should actively promote it or keep it low key as it is now...

I must say... he is a friendly guy who is quick to strike up conversations... (either that or he's used to excited strangers approaching him). He told me a story about his friend who wrote about a poll being manipulated by the "g.o.v.t"... and overnight his blog became popular. All was fine and dandy but I think I was a bit flabbergasted during the conversation... cos I dumbly said "Why?" when he told me the story about the unusual spike trend...Come to think of it... it was obvious that it was manipulated... but I had do dumbly say "Why?". Oh well... there goes his first impression of this weird auntie...

That day, I excitedly posted a tweet on how I met him in person... and surprise, surprise... he REPLIED!!!

So ya... he definitely made my day... cos' I've always admired his courage and determination to venture out on his own despite his age... (btw, he looks younger in person than in photos)... So you see... never underestimate the power of bloggers... cos' this young dude made me feel nervous and excited at the same time... just like the feeling of meeting A.v.r.i.l L.a.v.i.g.n.e, G.w.e.n S.t.e.f.a.n.i, S.e.a.n K.i.n.g.s.t.o.n etc etc in person... weird but true... :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment