Exclusive F.1 Experience

Aiyor, this is like super overdue... Was supposed to write about my experience at the M.a.l.a.y.s.i.a.n G.r.a.n.d P.r.i.x but ahem... C.h.i.n.e.s.e G.r.a.n.d P.r.i.x also over di! But nevermind la, better late than never...

To be honest... I don't watch F.1. and somehow, I find the "vroom vroom" sound... therapeutic! Say if I try watching it on TV... my eyelids will weigh heavier and heavier by the minute and I will most often doze off... BUT... BUT... 2 weeks ago... I had the chance to visit the S.e.p.a.n.g I.n.t.e.r.n.a.t.i.o.n.a.l C.i.r.c.u.i.t (S.I.C) for the 1st time in my life to watch the practice sessions and I must say that even for a non-fan like me... I found the experience totally amazing!

Here's an account on what happened...

We visited S.I.C on Thursday for a quick tour and meeting with the L.o.t.u.s R.a.c.i.n.g team and thereafter... we were given a tour at L.o.t.u.s R.a.c.i.n.g garage itself.... Here, we were given a quick explanation on how the team members communicate with one another like how they each have 2 sets of headsets which only dedicated personnel are allowed to talk to the drivers... the types of tyres... and of course... the L.o.t.u.s R.a.c.i.n.g car itself... all in close proximity!!!


On our way out... I walked past a driver dressed in Red and for a split second, he was just next to me... I didn't know who he was but my colleagues were practically hyperventilating at the sight of this guy... cos you know why? He's F.e.r.n.a.n.d.o A.l.o.n.s.o from the F.e.r.r.a.r.i team!!! At the car park, while waiting for our driver (we were driven in our company's Alphard cos' there were limited parking passes), we saw yet another driver (or ex-driver)... but this time round, I knew who he was la... A.l.e.x. Y.o.o.n.g... haha...

The following day, we all gathered at our office lobby at ~8.30am where our company drivers picked us up. The entire experience was quite similar to those "rombongan sambil belajar" that I used to attend in primary school... hahaha... totally fun and exciting!!! At S.I.C, we made our way to the P.a.d.d.o.c.k C.l.u.b which is really the most exclusive viewing deck in S.I.C. The L.o.t.u.s R.a.c.i.n.g P.a.d.d.o.c.k C.l.u.b was located just above the L.o.t.u.s R.a.c.i.n.g garage and that meant that we have superb view of the car(s) coming in and out of the pit!


The P.a.d.d.o.c.k C.l.u.b faces the G.r.a.n.d S.t.a.n.d and offers superb view of other cars coming out of their pit:


The thing with this P.a.d.d.o.c.k C.l.u.b is that, it comes complete with buffet, free flow of wine / champagne, coffee, tea, snacks, ice creams etc served by super cute model-looking guys and gals (all "ang moh" btw). Next door, at the general hospitality area, there were even free foot massages, free photo taking, free snacks and lots of official merchandise (for sale)! Uber cool!


After the practice sessions, we met H.e.i.k.k.i K.o.v.a.l.a.i.n.e.n and F.a.i.r.u.z F.a.u.z.y of L.o.t.u.s R.a.c.i.n.g... both were very friendly and accommodating to the numerous requests for photo taking. :-) Heck, I even met the T.e.a.m P.r.i.n.c.i.p.a.l, T.o.n.y F.e.r.n.a.n.d.e.s himself (btw, I absolutely love the way he tweets live from the p.i.t w.a.l.l during races!!!).


Then, it was time for the most awaited moment!!! The p.i.t l.a.n.e w.a.l.k!!! The p.i.t l.a.n.e is really the lane where cars drive into for their p.i.t s.t.o.p. And as part of the experience, we were given an hour to walk the p.i.t l.a.n.e where all the cars garage are located... Since we all wore the L.o.t.u.s R.a.c.i.n.g tag, we were given access into the L.o.t.u.s R.a.c.i.n.g garage... and here we took numerous shots again... before continuing our walk down the pit lane...


Along the pit lane, we had the chance to see all the other teams' cars... F.e.r.r.a.r.i, M.c.L.a.r.r.e.n... you name it...


Surprisingly, when we passed R.e.d B.u.l.l's garage, the lady asked me and another colleague if we would like to enter their garage! We obviously said YES (much to the envy of those who weren't invited in... hahaha)!!! Think it was because of their generosity in allowing us in, S.e.b.a.s.t.i.a.n V.e.t.t.e.l and M.a.r.k W.e.b.b.e.r (both from the R.e.d.b.u.l.l team) won 1st and 2nd place! Kakakaka...


All in all, the experience was truly amazing and I had the time of my life! :D

1 comments:

April 21, 2010 at 3:01 AM Anonymous said...

20 Apr 10, 23:16
nutdave: your F1 experience is freaking awesome!!!!

Post a Comment