Salutations

Today... wait a minute, it's 2.30am!!! So ahem, yesterday I attended a wedding dinner at Nikko Hotel. It was my husband's father's brother's daughter's wedding!!! Makes sense?

My husband's father is my father-in-law. N his brother in turn is my "ah jiek" and because he's the youngest, we had to call him "ber jiek"!

Now the thing is... I ish not Hokkien!!! Greeting each n every one of the elders is a REAL challenge!!! And after a while, I just got all mixed up as to who to call "jiek, jim, gu, kim, pek, gor" and more! Not to mention "tua, di, sa, see etc etc down to ber" in front of their 'titles'!!!

Why can't it be like before where all male elders are called uncle and all female elders are called auntie!!! Wahlau!!! Confused max!!!

And oh... everyone around seemed to have kids... I've been called "ber jim", "ber kim" etc etc!!! Wanna cryyyyyyy!!! Makes me feel so old!!! And it doesn't help with the fact that the dinner we attended... the groom's 23 y.o. and the bride's only 21 y.o!!! I'm a decade older than the bride!!! No wonder I feel so old!!!

- Posted from my iPhone 4

2 comments:

October 5, 2010 at 12:57 AM Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site maemee.blogspot.com
Is this possible?

June 2, 2011 at 9:34 AM Play Poker said...

It is the amusing information

Post a Comment