Abandon Ship

I was truly depressed today. Went to another office to get my junior staff to transfer relevant materials as handover materials to me. During the entire duration, it suddenly dawned upon me that both the junior and senior staff actually did a lot in the past 1 year on their own. With literally zero budget and cross functional support, they tried their very best in doing what they could.


In the end, what did they get? They got transferred to another company and was put under the scrutiny of the mother company. And worst still, got a boss whom has zero industry knowledge. Do I blame them for wanting out? I don't. As a matter of fact, I could understand and empathize.


However, it depresses me to know that it was such a pity that they wrote me off the first time we met. Or perhaps the moment they heard of my name and my designation before we even had a chance to work together. I asked myself over and over again, if I could have done anything in my capacity to prevent this... but I couldn't answer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment