Landlady

Another long overdue post.

Once the place was done up (renovation took less than a month), my father got hold of an agent to help us rent out the place. Basic unit fetches RM1,000 to RM1,200. Since we renovated the place, we asked for RM1,300.

Family 1
The first family came to view the unit with my parents while I was away at work:
- Couple in late thirties
- With a young son; few years old
- Happy with the place
- But....
1. Wants additional grille installed in all rooms
2. Wants all LIGHTS removed, she has her own
3. Wants a cheaper rate

Family 2
The next family came to view the unit at night. As I was working in KL back then where traffic was unpredictable, I had to call to push the viewing 20min later. When we reached, the family called our agent to say that they have rented another unit!!! Felt a pang of disappointment!!! :((

Family 3
Again came after work at night. This time I made sure I leave office punctually!!!
- Indonesian Chinese couple in early 30s
- Hb works in IT industry
- No kids yet
- Happy with the place
- But...
1. Wants additional unit of air-cond
Note that aside from the free unit in the master bedroom, we have already added another unit in the living room! With this additional request, this brings us to a total of 3 air-conds!!!

I discussed the matter with my parents (since they have several houses that are being rented out and are well experienced in handling situations like these). In the end, we said that we will add 1 air-cond in the 2nd room but... we'll have to raise the monthly rent to RM1,350. They immediately agreed!!!

So on 22-October-2010, the Tenant Agreement was signed and stamped!!! Yippieeeeeeeeeeee, am now a landlord / landlady!!! Feels great!!! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment