Earthly Tones

Yesterday we had to begin deciding on the materials and colours of:
  • Wall paints
  • Wet kitchen tiles
  • Kitchen cabinets
  • Counter tops
  • TV feature wall
  • Grills
When we first started thinking about colour schemes, we looked at numerous photos on the Internet. And somehow we were both okay with earthly tones... the safe neutral colour-combo of white, brown and black. However, there was also this naggy little voice within me that occasionally says "What about grey? Grey is also easy to match and is pleasing to the eyes... Plus, it is of Metal element, something that both Hb and I need!"

The thing is, I signed up for L.i.l.l.i.a.n T.o.o's O.n.l.i.n.e P.a.h.t C.h.e.e C.o.u.r.s.e and have officially graduated (have even gotten my certificate). And during the course, I realized that both Hb and I lack the Metal element and that as much as possible we should try to have the element present in our lives. So now that we are renovating our place from scratch, it is the perfect occasion to inject the Metal element...


But because we both have not had the experience of 'playing' with grey, we kept pushing the idea... Until yesterday, when my brother (an architect) suggested it. So that got us thinking... We are renovating 2 units; our unit and my brother/parents' unit (both on the same row, only 6 units apart). The drawings and designs are done by my brother. And while there are slight customizations here and there, both units are similar in terms of major reno works. Probable differences are on furniture, colour-schemes and material. My parents like earthly tones and so when we too like earthly tones, our selections were pretty similar. So similar that we had to spend a lot time trying to make them different. A different shade, a different texture, a different placement etc.

So when he casually brought up the "grey" idea, that got us thinking harder this time... as in "Why not?". So yesterday night, I went around the net to look for numerous references on usage of grey in interiors so that Hb and I can see clearly if it's something that we can accept...  

To be continued...

0 comments:

Post a Comment