Recall the Secret

It's been ages since I last logged in to blog about things in my life. So much has happened in the past 2 months that within the blink of an eye, we're already halfway thru the end of quarter one in 2008!
  • Mid Jan: I started the year tearing my hair off for a project that involved a celebrity and a whole truckload of project team members to deal with...
  • Early Feb: Then came CNY... which came and went super quick... but leaving me a fat wallet
  • Early Feb: Along the way bitch-from-hell came back into my life and made peace...
  • Mid Feb: Then came the frustrating bit bout managing people, complexities, timelines and budget!!!
  • Early Mar: And now I'm tearing my hair again at another project revolving yet another celebrity...
Back in 2007, life seemed so promising... with plenty of reasons to laugh and celebrate!!! But the good fortune seemed to dissipate into the thin air the minute I entered the CNY period. From then on, all I felt day in day out was frustration, anger, disappointment and bitterness.

Things were so bad that I had to print out The Secret's summary sheet and have it stuck in front of me to help me recall the fact that life can be beautiful if only you dare to think, ask and believe that you've already got it (in your mind) to actually make it materialize. It's really that simple and I've benefited tremendously from it before so why the struggle now???

I've gone from quite the "chio" looking chick to a haggard bitch with breakouts, dark circles and messy hair... I've gone from the talkative ever smilling person (at the time when I practiced The Secret) to an introvert who spends endless hours tinkling on this stupid laptop...

The only thing that remained unchanged was my relationship which has somewhat reached a new height this year. Apart from that, I spend my life working... and when I'm not working, I spend it thinking bout work... Is this it? Is life really all about work? If yes... I think I ought to give myself a big slap and to remind myself that I must be MAD to think so...

Sigh...

P.S. Will try to talk more bout happy things soon... but for now, I just needed to BITCH out LOUD!!! There's really MORE to life than THIS!!! REMEMBER THIS MAEMEE!!!

1 comments:

March 11, 2008 at 2:55 PM David Chui said...

I'm sorry to hear about the situation you are in. I think what you're experiencing is really a phase which we all have to go through --- obsession with work. I'm not sure if that's life, but I'm sure it is part of it.

I guess the most important thing would be to communicate your situation to your friends and family effectively, so that they know how to support you.

All the best.

Post a Comment