Wedding Bands

Our RoM date is fast approaching...
In less than 4 weeks, OWLoon and I will be officially married...

Last weekend, we finally completed the most important item in our checklist (for now)... the wedding bands! Prior to this, we window shopped at so many different outlets checking out the different types of bands offered... But nothing really caught our fancy and thus it was delayed week after week... But last weekend, we finally saw something that we both liked...

All was OK until we came home... when I tried on the ring again, somehow it felt tighter than when I first put it on... Even my parents said it was a bit too tight... That night, I couldn't sleep... Was so worried that they wouldn't let me change another size cos' we have already engraved our initials and anniversary date on the ring... The first thing I did when I got up the following morning was to try the ring on again (our fingers swell in the morning)... and surprise surprise... I could barely push it in...

In desperation, I called up the lady who served us... and told her about the situation. I was half expecting her to say "resize" since it's already engraved but noooo... she told me that I could exchange with the other ring that I tried on yesterday and that she will reserve it for me... We rushed to Mid Valley after breakfast (in case she changes her mind)... When she asked us if we want to engrave the same initials and date... we were totally surprised (cos' we assumed that she has forgotten bout the engravings on the earlier ring)! Apparently, even if you've engraved at the back of the ring, they can still polish it off... PHEW!!!

So now I got the right ring size and even had it engraved with our initials and marriage date: AV919! Here's a clearer picture of the ring which I took off the net. It's called a "Promise" collection with 7 diamonds in a channel setting. OWLoon got the same one but with thicker band...

Plus, they even cleaned my engagement diamond ring for free! After cleaning, my ring's all bright and shinny again... and the sparkle was just so blinding... hehehe! Since I brought along the diamond certificate (must match the serial number if you take your ring for cleaning)... OWLoon asked them to check the market value of the diamond... In less than 4 months, the value has increased by RM700! Hehehe...


I love my blings!

0 comments:

Post a Comment