Bridal Studio Part IV

B.r.i.d.a.l C.o.n.c.e.p.t
Here, we were served by a friendly and soft spoken guy… Their photos looked OK, some appealed to us more than the rest and in terms of their package, they only have 1 package and it was noticeably more expensive than the rest with lesser stuff thrown in. BUT… as my mom and I was browsing through their selection of gowns, the guy who served us said I could try any of them on! Imagine our excitement!!! Of the many BS we went to, none offered us this… all they cared about was us signing on the dotted line…

Gowns Selection
The guy who served us even gave me some pointers as to what sort of gowns I should be going for… Since I have a somewhat square face, he said I should not look for gowns that are tube based but instead look for those that have heart shape / V-shape necklines or even halter necks as they would help accentuate my features… It was then that we found out that he is the designer of this BS and most of the gowns were his designs!!!

The first gown I tried on was a red modern “Cheongsam”… the minute I put it on, I regretted trying it… haha… but the guy consoled us and said “Sometimes, gowns may look good on hanger but once you try it on, it may not be the case and vice versa. Hence, it’s important to try on the different types of gowns available”. Then he passed me another few more pieces of gowns to try on…

“maemee” THE Princess
As I was trying the last piece one on, an assistant by the name of N.a.t.a.l.i.e helped me into it… and I tell you, the minute she fastened the back of the gown, I fell head over heels in love with my reflection in the mirror!!! Never thought I’d say this (cos’ I hate wearing any form of dress / skirts)… but I looked and felt like a princess!!! When I drew open the curtains to show both my mom and OWLoon, they too had that love struck look, particularly OWLoon… He has this sparkle in his eyes when I came out of the fitting room! Hahaha… Unfortunately, it wasn’t available for my wedding dates… :(

With that, we politely told him that we’d like to go for a drink… But in actual fact, we wanted to bring my mom to D.e C.a.s.a.m.i.a.

The Deciding Factor
At D.e C.a.s.a.m.i.a, we looked for the same “ching-chong” supervisor who served us during our last visit. Instead of beating round the bush, we told her that we would like to try on some of their gowns… She hesitated for a moment then proceeded to tell us that the fitting rooms’ occupied. She tried guiding our attention towards the package she offered us earlier… but we were adamant about looking at their gowns… so she reluctantly took us upstairs…

Having worn a few wedding gowns from B.r.i.d.a.l C.o.n.c.e.p.t, both my mom and I inspected the quality of their gowns carefully… Some of the gowns have cheapo and light materials while some others seemed pretty battered with sequins and beads falling out… While we were looking at the gowns, she spoke at a super loud voice (as if we were all deaf) about how their gowns are not segregated and that others have VIP and Super VIP classifications that require us to pay more… She of course also subtlety mention that we should make an appointment to try on their gowns so that they can have dedicated personnel to recommend us gowns that fit my body shape… but of course, first thing first, we need to confirm the package details… And that was it!

I signaled OWLoon and he told her that we would like to go for a quick smoke outside. Once outside, my mom told me that she prefers B.r.i.d.a.l C.o.n.c.e.p.t cos:
  • They have better gowns selections both in terms of quality as well as designs
  • She thinks Sean (the designer we met) is more sincere than this “ching-chong” lady who’s overly commercialized and not to mention, FAKE too!

At this point, I had already made up my mind, but since OWLoon like the photography style of D.e C.a.s.a.m.i.a, I asked him for his opinion too. To my surprised he said, all we need to do is to communicate with the photographer on the type of looks / feel that we’re trying to achieve and that it doesn’t matter which BS we go for. Most importantly, the gowns are nice!

With that, we made our way back to B.r.i.d.a.l C.o.n.c.e.p.t…

0 comments:

Post a Comment