Get Together & Farewell

On Thursday, the entire Strategic Marketing team took half the day off to go bowling. Yes... of all the things in the world (rolls eyes)... B-O-W-L-I-N-G!!! This was supposedly our team outing this year...

So off we went... to Cosmic Bowl in Mid Valley...

We were all dressed in this personalized black collared T with our names and staff IDs imprinted at the front... and at the back of it... a huge CSI...

The last time I ever bowled was like over 10 freaking years ago! So needless to say... it was a rather embarassing experience...

  • I was the first person in our team (of 4 girls) on the chart... and when I first lifted the 9-pound ball, it felt embarassingly HEAVY!!! And ahem... at both times, the ball went into the drain... so I started my chart with a huge shiny ZERO
  • Then just when I thought I've started to get a hang of it... the ball slipped from my fingers and flew to the BACK instead... leaving my colleagues screaming!!!

Lucky thing, the rest of my female colleagues weren't way better off... And I noticed, our team seemed to be the noisiest... as in our balls always land with a loud thud before making its way to the pins...

In the end... we just took turns snapping photos... LOL:

And then more people joined in... cos we occupied a total of 11 lanes and my neighbours (to my left and to my right) comprises of more beginners like me... who were far more interested in snapping photos than rolling a freaking 9-12 pound ballssss:


After that, we had to endure a terrible 2-hour drive from Mid Valley to Little Havana to attend our CMO's farewell party.


I love our CMO. He's not just attentive, sharp, smart and intelligent but also kind and humble with a cool sense of humour... So many of us were teary eyed when he first announced his resignation. That night, he whispered something in my ear when I said goodbye...

"Try not to be too stressed up. But if it really gets too stressful, just leave..." and gave me a fierce hug... I'm soooooo gonna miss him and given a chance, I would definitely wanna continue working for him... Sob sob...

0 comments:

Post a Comment