Bali: Memories

The trip to Bali was an extremely memorable one for Alan and I... We've both been together for over a decade thus it is unusual to hear that we've experienced many firsts together. But what was surprising was that, this trip alone offered many firsts for us too...

  • Like how I had manicure and pedicure at the beach for the first time
  • Like how he wore "sarong" for the first time
  • Like how we visited an active volcano for the first time
  • Like how we stayed in a suite for the first time
  • Like how we tried the couple spa for the first time
  • Like how we both watched Olympics out of Malaysia for the first time

But more importantly, it was the first time Alan ever knelt down in front of me.

He proposed to me in Bali!!!

And he chose to do it on our last night at Nusa Dua after dinner in our suite. It was 08-08-08 at 8pm just before the Olympics Opening Ceremony in Beijing begun!!!

I've always dreamt of this moment and have always thought that I would smile sweetly while nodding in agreement. But when it really did happen, it was nothing like what I dreamt about. The minute he knelt down and said those things he said, tears just flowed down my cheeks non-stop.

For as long as I knew him, I have never seen him kneel down. He has this condition where the bones at both his knees juts out when he kneels. Doctor said it was cos he was too active when he was younger and that there wasn't a need to fix it cos they only hurts when he kneels down. So imagine my surprise when he knelt down in front of me!

I was touched beyond words and I could see that he too was choking back his tears when he delivered his proposal... sentence after sentence slowly. I have never felt more loved before and I knew that he felt the same cos it was written all over his face and his eyes... :)

On a more delighted note. He got me a really "tua-liap" bling bling, an 0.91 carat which cost him a bomb! Hehehehe...

So ya, Alan and I are officially ENGAGED!!!

4 comments:

September 13, 2008 at 10:00 AM Je5sie said...

Kung Hei Kung Hei...

Congrats Congrats...

What a romantic trip.. happy for you

:D

September 13, 2008 at 10:33 AM "maemee" said...

[je5sie] thank you thank you... i am very happy too... now just have to wait for next year's Chinese almanac so that we can go and pick dates... :)

September 13, 2008 at 11:19 AM Diliquium said...

wooohooo!! welcome the da club! *huggss* am so happy for the both of you.

looks like 2008 has been a great year for you!

September 22, 2008 at 3:29 AM kok eng said...

u know what i gonna say la...... you can get screwed legally and no one can touch your bush... hahahhaa!!


congrats!

Post a Comment