Walk Down Memory Lane

Was invited to an event at Zouk yesterday. Doors open at 7pm, so on the way Zouk with a bit of time on my hand, I decided to swing by my previous company.
  • As I drove through the familiar roads...
  • As I parked my car where I used to park..
  • As I took the lift and walked the routes I was so used to...
  • As I entered the lift and pressed the floor button on an auto-mode...
  • As I entered the office where I used to work...
I realized that though I have left the company, a big part of me still misses it till no end. It was here that I acquired all my skillsets and competencies that allowed me to gain the material possessions that I have today. It was also a place that spring boarded me to where I am today. For that, it shall forever have a special place in my heart. A place where I joined right after uni at the tender age of 21 and left 11 years later.

Felt great when ex-colleagues greeted me with enthusiasm and welcomed me with hugs. But also felt awkward when newbies looked at me weirdly wondering who the heck I was...

I wonder if I'll ever feel the same with this current company...

0 comments:

Post a Comment