2011 Report Card

Amazing how time flies. I just received a letter that I sent to myself a year ago via the community service offered by Zewt. In it, was my hopes and expectations on myself which essentially formed my resolutions for 2011.

For some strange reasons, I remembered the existence of the letter but somehow I couldn't quite recall the specifics of the letter. So here's a quick report card on my resolutions:

Save 20% of nett salary.
[YAY!] As a matter of fact, I saved an average of 40% of my nett salary.

Stop spending frivolously and cut down on impulse shopping.
[NAY!] I've been spending like crazy the first half of the year. But halfway through I repented and started saving like mad! What did I spend on? Ermmm... I'll talk about it in my next post *guilty*

New career after 11 years in the same company.
[YAY!] 8 months ago, I made a career move to join a different industry altogether. From telco to broadcasting! When asked why by my bosses, the answer was simple. 1st job. Curiosity of what's beyond the walls. Eager to explore. Was it a right move? It was surely a calculated one to leave on a high note after winning the Best Accelerator Award in 2010 and onto greater package but as to whether it was a right one, only time will tell.

Shower my parents with EVEN more love!
[YAY!] Not only have I been good in my monthly commitments to my family. Hb and I even took them on an all expense paid trip to HCMC, Vietnam! Plan to do so again this year! :)

Stop smoking.
[NAY!] I'm stupid, full stop.

Start family expansion.
[WIP] Can't say if it's a yay or nay yet cos I'm busy taking vitamins and liquid goodies (Yomeishu, bleh). So ermmm... WIP la.

Be a happy person with inner peace.
[NAY!] I am still perpetually stressed out with a million and one things at work since I'm new and all. Happy? Nope. More like anxious. Inner peace? Nope. More like psycho-analyzing every single thing at work.

Report card:
Out of 7 resolutions...
- 3 YAYS (well done!)
- 3 NAYS (carry forward to 2012)
- 1 WIP (carry forward to 2012)

That meant an achievement rate of 50%! Enough to pass... Could've been better but am glad I made the efforts to be a better person on all aspects of my life. Balance 50% shall form parts of my resolutions for 2012! YAY!!! Next up, 2012 resolutions!

On that token, Mrs. ON9LA1 would like to wish everyone a very happy new year!!! Have a great year ahead!!! Cheers! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment