Predictions

Today I had such a shitty day (as a matter of fact it started few weeks back) that when I got home, I immediately checked Lillian Too's Fortune & Feng Shui 2006 and Joey Yap's Feng Shui Astrology 2006. True enough, my "fate" was as predicted by the "experts". Here are predictions for Oct 8th - Nov 6th:

Lillian Too
You need to deal with office politics this month. It is an inescapable fact of working life for most people, but this month the brunt of it all is directed at you. You need a rooster amulet or figurine on your work desk to protect yourself. Although backstabbing in the office will get you down, look on it objectively and do not let yourself take anything personally. Do not give anyone a reason to badmouth you. When your luck is down, you need to work doubly hard to ensure you survive the rough waters. Do not be too trusting of others this month. The Sheep person can play good politics him/herself. This may be a time when you have to be a little bit crafty. Continue to work hard keeping your mind on the job, rather than allowing yourself to be distracted by mudslinging that is happening around you. This way, the month will pass by quickly with no permanent damage done. Display a Kwan Kung to stave off competitive pressures in the workplace. Avoid long meetings this month for lengthy discussions may not put you in a good light. Instead, reschedule where you can keep a low profile.

Joey Yap
A difficult and challenging month as both the Month and Year adversely affect the Goat. Accordingly, there will be a lot of work stress, tense arguments and a lot of sulking and sullen faces all around. This is however a month to talk more about how you feel rather than bottling it all up and if possible, try to exercise to exorcise your work stress.

The way I interprete it...
  • Office politics (badmouthing, backstabbing, mudslinging, tense arguments, sulking & suleen faces) are all part and parcel of life but this month, since the Month and the Year is not in my favour, I will suffer most - When I looked back at the month before (since predictions are for Oct 8th - Nov 6th), it was so so true. On countless occasions I was misunderstood where I wasn't even given a chance to defend myself... Even if I was, people seemed to have selective hearing to be able to pick up only what they wanted to hear...
  • Work doubly hard to survive rough waters and keep mind focussed on tasks at hand so that the month passes by quicker - I mean, yala what other choice do I have? Sit around and do nothing while keeping a super low profile? In my company, the lower profile you are, the more you are "attacked" as we are all paid to be productive so no such thing as rescheduling meetings to fit your own time... If the meeting needs to take place, it has to no matter what (even if it means wearing 'pampers' if you have bad diarrhea)
  • With powers come great responsibilities... (Spiderman) so same goes here... with work, come great stress... If I don't handle it well, not only will it affect me permanently, it will dimish my self worth overtime and erode into my personal confidence and when this happens, work will suffer and I'm back to square one... So either way, I need to work doubly doubly hard just to be on par...

You may think that I am superstitous to rely on predictions but I always think that there must be something accurate in the predictions if Feng Shui, Horoscope and Astrology could survive so many decades before reaching us... the so-called "canggih" people of today.

If it is a known fact that Feng Shui, Horoscope and Astrology were once used by Kings and Queens of great kingdoms before this as a guide to decision makings, guess there's really no harm in arming and equipping myself with the knowledge...

Like if I've known earlier that this would be a shitty month, I would've planned my holidays during this time... Sadly, I forgot to check them before hand... So here am I... suffering from the clashing astrological signs of the universe... The only consolation is that, the month (according to Chinese calendar) is ending on Nov 6th... so I wouldn't need to suffer any longer before the bad month ends...

In the meantime... I shall stick my nose to the grindstone and mind my own business... sigh... Wish me luck ok... I sure hope I can survive the rough water with no permanent damage!

2 comments:

October 29, 2006 at 8:48 AM Colin T. said...

depending how much you care about it. i think you should question yourself this - are your problems detrimental?

January 19, 2007 at 8:51 PM "maemee" said...

the problems? well kind of... cos whatever happens, it'll leave a lasting impression lor... so ya... quite detrimental i think. so have to just grit teeth and carry on... sigh.

Post a Comment