Gu Gung Ki King

I watched the preview of "Transformer" yesterday...
Did I liked the movie? Hmmm... I don't really know...

On Story Line
I can't exactly remember the cartoon... as in what "Transformers" was all about... So to me, it was like watching it for the first time and so... the story line was ok la... Although, the movie was rather violent, there were several parts that were comical so I guess there was a good mix...

The cube... If I remembered correctly, in the cartoon, they have tonnes of rainbow looking cubes, but in the movie, there was only 1 cube and it looked rather ancient and was extremely huge in size... Honestly... till now I don't know what the cube was for... LOL...

The only thing I remembered clearly was the theme song but sadly it wasn't played up in the movie. They had other songs... from Linkin Park I think...

On the Robots... Or should I say Autobots?
To me, "Transformer" = "Bumblebee" (a cute yellow car) and "Optimus Prime" (a truck)... Only these 2 autobots rang a bell... the other characters seemed foreign to me...

On Actors / Actresses
I liked watching the teenage gal in the movie cos she was absolutely hot! The male soldier was very good looking and macho too but he wasn't the main cast. Other than that... OK ler...

Verdict
Would I watch it again? Of course NOT. But all my male colleagues said they MUST watch it again at IMAX for a better appreciation of the effects. So I guess, the movie was OK la and I think it would definitely appeal more to the guys than the gals... Me? I'd rather wait for Harry Potter :)

P.S. "Gu Gung Ki King" - the sound effect when the autobots transform! Muahahahaha...

3 comments:

June 28, 2007 at 7:41 PM Colin T. said...

i wached it yesterday also, in Cineleisure. Were you there?

Damn... that show rocks man! It's the best movie of the year, me and my GF loved it. We'll definitely watch it again! How come you don't like leh?

June 28, 2007 at 9:09 PM "maemee" said...

[colin t] cos all robots looked the same and there are too many fighting scenes lorrrr... i was at mid valley... :)

July 1, 2007 at 6:11 PM Anonymous said...

yeah la...go and watch ur 200 pounds beauty again...

Post a Comment