Hari Ini Dalam Sejarah

Firstly, it was because I went shopping today and bought something that I set my eyes on many many months ago! Hehehehehe... I got myself an early Christmas present in the form of a... Coach bag! I've been looking at it every morning without fail for many many months now (cos I need to pass the Coach boutique before I can take the lift to my office).

During lunch today, my colleagues mentioned that there is this 30% sale at Coach. Since I'm a newly converted bag-person (I've always been a gadget person)... I tailed along. Then I saw the bag again... only this time at much closer proximity!!! I tried it on and held on to it for the longest time ever... before deciding to buy. But unfortunately, the bag was not a discounted item, so I had to pay the normal price of RM1,875 for it. But I like the bag sooooooo much!!! So hehehehe, here's a pict of my new handbag!!!


Secondly, there was a huge division meeting today that occupied the entire auditorium (over 100 pax)... to go thru the new org structure. All along, I've only known where I will be going i.e. I have not seen the full org structure in its entirely. So when it was flashed out today, I saw it for the first time just like everyone else.

On the first few slides, I noticed that they only mentioned the high level positions and job scopes... i.e. after SGM, which GM for which role and under the GMs, the key heads for each role (usually an SM). The lower levels were hidden cos there would be just too many boxes to share. Planned headcount is about 1,500 plus next year!!! (I'm not joking!)

But when it came to my department, I nearly passed out on my chair. Why? Cos (1) My name was flashed out on the first box surrounded by all other SMs (Senior Managers)... and (2) While the SGM mentioned my name, he also asked where I was... so I had to raise my hand!!! I swear my heart was pumping like mad at that precise moment and I thought I would've fainted on the spot!

Then after that, the rumours started like wild fire! Everyone speculated that I got a double promotion and SMSes came in congratulating me as head of sth sth... Tho I was part surprised, part happy, part embarrassed, part excited, part scared, part puzzled... the truth is... I am not promoted YET!!! Yes... I have been promised one but that was like yonks ago and there hasn't been any development yet as far as I am concerned... sigh...

Nevertheless... I thought the above are worth recorded here as one of the historical days in my life just like how I previously talked about the COO who mentioned my name in one of the top gun meetings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment