Too Old

Over the weekend, I attended my cousin brother's wedding: Marcus & Ai Li. But that morning, we went over to Marcus' house for the customary tea ceremony.

Everyone was in a happy and joyous mood cos the entire clan hardly gather together ever since my grandfather left us... Anyway, all was fine... until... they called out my name! Since the groom was older than me and that I am still single... I was supposed to "jum cha" for him and his wife in return for an "ang pau". Kanasai, I was soooooooo terribly embarrassed cos of everyone who "jum cha-ed" to them, I was the OLDEST!!! There are kids in primary school lining up to get their "ang paus" mind you!!! 'KNS betul'!!!

I supposed my cousin felt my embarrassment cos him and his wife gave me 2 "ang paus" each instead of 1... Sigh...

0 comments:

Post a Comment