Journey thru' Adulthood

It took me awhile to figure out a suitable tagline for my blog... then it suddenly dawned upon me that I tend to write about special moments in my life for example:
  • My material gains...
  • My progress at work...
  • My wedding...
  • My relationships...
  • Etc etc...
Hence I thought the tagline: "Journey through Adulthood" fits this blog perfectly as it is here that I diligently document the memories and milestones that are worth remembering in my life.

"Journey" cos one does not transform into an adult overnight. Indeed, the transformation's a long process that sees us experiencing our fair share of failure, success, disappointment and happiness as we progress into the world of adulthood.

"Adulthood" cos to me... a true ADULT means more than just age alone. It means having:
  • The emotional maturity in tackling and handling all form of issues in life...
  • The right attitude and behaviour towards life...
  • The courage to shoulder additional responsibilities in life...
  • The pleasure of giving... vs. just receiving...
  • The realisation that the world does not revolve around us alone...

Finally, the main reason as to why this blog is named "maemee" is because it's a tribute to my beloved "gong-gong" (who calls me by that name in 'teochew dialect'). He moved on just before my graduation and never really got to see me grow up...

No one is perfect in this world... so am I... Hence I will continue to capture the progress of my life here and to reflect upon the lessons learnt.... So join "maemee" as she journeys thru adulthood... :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment