Actual Day: Bride's Side

On the eve of Actual Day, my parents threw a pool side party for relatives and family friends... all was fine, everyone enjoyed themselves and many complimented the food... But as the night progressed, the drinking "kaki-s" went to my house and continued drinking... Since it was a happy occasion, on top of the bottles and bottles of Henessy consumed and the endless cans of beer consumed, my father brought out one of his many XOs which he has kept for over 20 years!!! That night, the last batch left at 3.30AM!!! And the following morning, the make up artist and my photographer arrived at 6AM sharp!!! In other words, I only had 2 hours of sleep and was extremely TIRED!!! Becos of that, I was rather quiet and grouchy... and found myself extremely dissatisfied with the hairstyle and the make up done... (the make up artist for my pre-wedding photography and dinner was FULLY BOOKED hence I was stuck with this 2 dumbos)!



While the make up and hair-do session was in progress, the photographer went around snapping photos of some of our props for the wedding.



When all was done... I had to get ready and my parents came in to put on my veil...



While I was quietly waiting in my room, outside my family members were having fun!!! I could hear their laughter even from my room... (Clockwise) My father ensuring that the cups on the altar are filled... My mom (in gold) alongside with my 2 aunties... dunno talking about what...My brother and his gf (who is also my bridesmaid) discussing door games... and surprise surprise... my "zimui" who comprises of 4 MOUNTAINS... hahahahaha... there were other female "zimui" but nothing beats my 4Ms "zimui"... kekekeke...



Downstairs, OWLoon and his entourage reached at 9-ish... and being Cantonese, door opening's an important event for the bride's brother... hence my brother was downstairs to nego for an "ang pow" first before OWLoon could get down from the car... kekekeke...



OWLoon and his 4 "hengtai" vs. my 4Ms and several other "zimui"... Must say, they got it so EASY... cos the timing was rather tight... we must be back in KS before 12 noon and the distance itself is ~ 1 hour and 30 minutes at best... Plus, my family members were on his side... could hear them saying "OK lor, OK lor... let him in already..."...



So all they had to do was to answer several questions by my 4Ms pertaining me... and sing a song out loud... and to provide RMXXX... and 99cents... :-)



After passing the 4Ms tasks... OWLoon came in and greeted me... his first few words were... "Lou po... lou kung is here to fetch you lor..." and for some strange reasons, female family members felt like crying cos they thought it was rather touching... kekeke... me... I was getting kinda bored sitting in the room alone...



Like all important Chinese festivities, the first thing is of course to pray and seek blessings from higher divine powers and most importantly, our ancestors...



Thereafter, the tea ceremony began with my parents first. All was ok in the beginning, I knew that my parents were trying rather hard not to mention anything tear-jerking... but someone said something like "Will you miss your daughter or not..." and that sent us all teary eyed... Altho' we no longer live in the era where once married, brides somewhat end their ties with their parents, it was still a pretty emotional experience for us... it's like after years of being a kiddo (in our parents' eyes)... we're now all grown up and ready to start our own family... and officially start to also be part of the "Ong" family...



After the tea ceremony... it was the "ang pow" giving time to all the singles and kiddos in the house... It was so funny seeing all of them greet OWLoon his new title / rank as part of the family...



Then after numerous family portraits, my father accompanied us to our bridal car and sheltered us using a red umbrella which signifies that we will always be sheltered in his protection... Then my father also threw a mixture of rice grains, tea leaves and salt I think, onto the pathway leading to the car and on the car... so ward off "evil spirits"...



And that marked the end of the Actual Day ceremony at the bride's side... Next post will be on the Actual Day ceremony at the groom's side...

0 comments:

Post a Comment