2009 The Year That Was

2009 was truly a challenging year... particularly when all astrology books I read told me to lie low or face the wrath of the "Tai Sui"... It's really not that hard to guess which route I took... Hint: I was "young", ignorant, naive and rebellious... After a triumphant 2008, I almost thought I was invisible... :-) So ya... I didn't lie low at first... but in the end... under various circumstances... lie low I did... So here's an account of what happened throughout 2009:

Work Wise...
2009 was definitely a character building year:
  • The year started off with a portfolio change which my mind was ready to embrace fully... unfortunately... heart rules over head and I found myself embracing it only half heartedly... the other half was still well... in limbo... Among which... this resulted in massive miscommunications, lost of bond... trust... and alliance albeit not intentionally... I paid dearly for my silly mistakes... and vow to always remember the feeling of helplessness in the midst of paying the consequences.
  • Thank goodness, I still got my chance of promotion... and as a matter of fact, I got promoted twice... once in August (backdated to July)... and the another time, a grade promotion 2 months later that also comes with a salary change...  :-) By the way, I changed work station twice too... the first time, it was for the worst where my back was facing out but lucky thing, it was for the better, second time round... with a solid wall behind my back (office practices open concept... very hard to get a seat with solid walls... so I count myself extremely lucky)!
Status Change...
2009 was the year OWLoon and I went full force into planning our wedding...
  • It all started when OWLoon and I legally registered our marriage in the beginning of the year
  • Had loads of fun renovating our Bridal Room in KS...
  • Became models (or models wannable) when we shot our pre-wedding photography with Bridal Concept...
  • Religiously went through all the Chinese customs like "Tai Chan" (meeting of both sides' parents), "Guo Dai Lei" (Betrothal Day), "On Chong" (Bed Installation Ceremony) and of course, the "Chut Moon" (Actual Day)...
  • Had fun planning our respective wedding dinners at 2 separate wedding venues... which meant food tasting twice... and went through the hair splitting exercise of collecting RSVPs, confirming guests list, sending out physical invitations and finalizing seating arrangements...plus planning out the itinerary for our dinners twice... one for KL and one for KS...
  • Completed the entire affair with a Family Trip to Bangkok for a week over Christmas...
Other Milestones
  • Bought a new car in time for CNY...
  • Braces temporarily removed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment