Actual Day: Groom's Side

And so the journey back to Kuala Selangor (KS) continues... in our ultra comfortable Alphard... I was truly HAPPY each time it drizzles... cos old folks believe that if it drizzles on Actual Day, it goes to show that the couple's extremely loving! OWLoon told me that when his entourage left KS to KL, it drizzled... then mid way, it stopped... but when they were near my house... it started to drizzle again! And the BEST part was that, the exact same thing happened when we were on our way back! When we left my house, it drizzled, then stopped midway... but when we reached KS, it drizzled again!!! It's almost as if they knew we were reaching our destinations! So anyway, to the Hokkiens, door opening was not such a big deal, hence there was this stranger dude who opened our car door... and the minute I got down of the car, firecrackers were lighted...



Hokkiens being Hokkies... they have lots of customs and "laws" to follow... like how I had to walk over a pot of burning charcoal... Noticed how the house was empty when OWLoon and I arrived? Everyone was "hiding" at the back cos' they were only allowed to come out only after we have completed the necessary prayers to gods, kitchen god and most importantly the ancestors...



We had a few moments to breathe while they set up... And again, the tea ceremony started with OWLoon's parents... Have not seen them smiled so much before... they must be happy cos OWLoon's the youngest in the family... And I got additional jewelery that added on to the already HEAVY jewelery from my family. Came "ang pow" giving time... instead of singles and kiddos rushing over to get their share, it was OWLoon's older siblings who rushed forward... to collect "ang pow"s for their kids... hahahaha...



After the tea ceremony, the entourage has to walk to our apartment; 2 minutes away where a little boy was invited to roll on the bed to bless us with fertility. To encourage him to get on the bed, sweets were placed all over the bed. The little boy must have been terrified with a group of strangers cheering him on when he stomped his tiny feet on our bed... hahaha... After that, OWLoon removed my veil while I removed his jacket and placed them on the bed.



Outside, the 4Ms and the rest of the entourage were happily enjoying themselves... before we all went to have our lunch at OWLoon's parents's house.



These were some of the wedding props at our home. And at the end of it all, I could finally remove all my jewelery... (definitely felt like a Christmas tree)... but I made a little fortune that day... jewelery from my parents alone were already worth RM15k, imagine with the rest combined! Kekekeke... :-)



That marks the end of the Actual Day customs that we had to go through to be officially married! :-) Next post will be on the groom's side dinner held later that evening.

0 comments:

Post a Comment