Bride's Dinner Flow

Since OWLoon is from KS and I’m from KL, it was a mutually known fact that we will have separate dinners. The bride’s side dinner was to be held a week before the Actual Day as well as the groom’s side dinner. Hence on November 29, 2009, it was THE BIG DAY for my family and I. Our dinner was held in Oriental Pavilion (OP) in Jaya 33. Here's an attempt to recapture what happened that night...



We reached OP at about 4-ish and immediately started with the make up sessions… My mom went ahead first, followed by OWLoon (backside itchy – requested for the make up artist to do his hair for him last minute but lucky thing she was really nice to agree do it). Mine was last cos’ my parents, family and OWLoon will have to greet guests at the entrance… Me? I'll take my time... hehehe...



While the make up sessions were in progress, outside... at the main hall, my friends were busy laying the red carpets… and decorating the reception tables… while I briefed by fellow cousins and families… who will be managing the reception tables… Here's a nice photo of them... (bout 9 years ago... when I was 21, I too was like them... all nicely dressed up, manning the reception table at my cousin sister's wedding... how time flies...).



When it was my turn for the make up, I was fully confident that my make up artist from Bridal Concept will turn me into a pretty bride cos’ I kid you not… my make up artist is really SUPERB; the same one who did my make up for the pre-wedding photos! However, the make up took longer than expected that by the time she was done with me, it was time for me to march in!



I was literally shivering (not sure if it was from the air cond chill or that I was anxious). While waiting for the cue for us to march in… OWLoon said this: “After years of courtship, we are finally getting married…” and sent me teary eyed… Instead of whispering a sweet reply back to him, I told him to shhhh… and not make me cry for I might ruin my make up… hahahaha…



My parents marched in first as the hosts of the evening… followed by OWLoon and I… We marched in with the band playing Cannon in D… While we were walking in, the minute I saw familiar faces of my friends, colleagues and families… I was somewhat calmed… within seconds!!! What my friend said was true! Friends and families who truly matter to us will be there to share the special occasion with us! And boy was I grateful for their presence… for it made the occasion even more special!



When we reached the main table, we realized that the seating arrangements for our parents were incorrect… I had OWLoon’s parents next to me and my parents were next to OWLoon… :(



After the 3rd dish, I was scheduled for a gown change but upon entering the make up room with my make up artist and my friend, they both said that the wedding gown’s superbly nice and thus I should do the cake cutting ceremony in it… and change only for the table to table “yam seng”… And so we marched in again with me wearing the same wedding dress… but this time happier and with a much lighter mood! On the way out and in, OWLoon and I took the opportunity to pass by table to table to greet my friends and some of my relatives… (at least we made full use of the time… hehehe)



Prior to the cake cutting ceremony, we had our pre-wedding video shown first... Unlike the usual slideshow with background music, ours had a fairytale theme to it and was animated in 3D. The video was part of our package with Bridal Concept and was made in Taiwan (Note: Will attempt to post the video here once I figure out how to condense the file and convert the DVD into mpeg).



Thereafter, OWLoon and I went on stage to do the "fake" cake cutting... We used OP's existing cake prop... which was a plastic cake... All we had to do was to put the knife in the slot available... hehehe...



After that, it was time for the stage “yamseng”… where both sides’ parents went on stage with us… This time round, the standing arrangements / positions were correct!



Alas, it was time for me to change out of my wedding dress into my beautiful evening gown… I initially planned to change into 2 evening gowns... but in the end, did only 1 change so that we can have more time to mingle from table to table…



Then before we knew it, it was time to bid guests farewell… We stood at the exit for a good 5 minutes when we noticed our guests were not leaving yet… We were told by OP that the minute dessert is served, we should be at the exit di… but surprise, surprise… our guests were either busy finishing the dessert or chilling / relaxing to the band's performance while waiting for us… ;-)



Thus we took the opportunity to take more photos with our guests…





Finally, guests began making their way to the exit and we once again rushed to the exit to bid them farewell…



Only after that, OWLoon and I were able to sit down with our friends and to truly CHILLAX…! We continued drinking and stayed there till 12am… which would’ve been later if it wasn’t for OP wanting to close shop… Our friends wanted to continue drinking elsewhere but both OWLoon and I were already super tired thus we politely declined and headed home.



After months and months of preparation, the dinner came and went at lightning speed!!! But I must say that I was truly very, very happy that night... and could not stop myself from smiling all night long!



Next post will be dedicated on some of the details of the night... Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment