Alcohol & Friends

It has been ages since I last felt so helpless and sorry for myself... but it happened to me yesterday. Though I was mentally prepared for the news... it felt like the end of the world when it finally hit me on my face...

As I was driving home... drowning in self pity... I called 2 of my friends... "... very sad... wanna go drink?".

I was half expecting them to decline cos the traffic jam was particularly bad after a heavy downpour... but both of them said YES immediately... and I even got to pick the place I like... (suspected they knew terribly well that if they picked the place, I would probably end up lost...)!

After close to 6 hours of conversations, food, ALCOHOL and GREAT company... the world suddenly seemed a lot brighter...

Moral of the story?
Nothing beats alcohol and friends when it comes to nursing a broken heart. Though I am still sad... I was reminded that there are more to life than just this... my little misery that seemed so minuscule amidst global financial crisis, mass massacre, natural disasters etc etc...

Thank you for being there for me when I needed company most... Thank you...

P.S. No, this has got nothing to do with OWLoon... our wedding plans are still in progress... :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment