Flied Lice

Ever since I put on my braces... I've lost quite a fair bit of weight...

Firstly... my braces are the self-tightening type. Unlike the conventional type where manual tightening is required monthly, mine moves and aligns automatically. This means that I'm always in pain cos there will forever be some form of movement in my mouth. At times, the movements can be quite drastic too. Like how one morning I could wake up with perfectly normal teeth... but the following morning, there will suddenly be visible gaps between my teeth...!

Secondly, also becos' of the self tightening braces... whenever it's time to revisit the dentist (usually towards the end of the month), the wires at the end of my jaw will jut out... and when it does... it cuts into my cheeks resulting in ulcers... Now imagine this happening at 4 places simultaneously (1) Top Left (2) Top Right (3) Bottom Left (4) Bottom Right...! The most number of ulcers I had at one point of time... was THREE!!!

Thirdly, cos I had bite blocks at the back of my teeth (separating my top and bottom jaw), I can't bite properly... and chewing really is a challenge...

Lastly, I am damn afraid to eat in public... for fear that I'd be walking around with a "kangkung" stuck in my teeth without me knowing... Ya... I am that vain...

So while I usually have porridge or rice with soup at home... I tend to have noodles when I'm outside... but that was only UNTIL I nearly choked to death! I was happily eating wantan mee with my family when suddenly, I had a piece of mee stuck in between my braces with the other half of the same mee dangling down my throat!

Although I managed to untangle the mee from my braces... I stopped eating noodle altogether. Thus, these days... whenever I have lunches... I tend to only order fried rice. Since I can't possibly bite any form of meat and that I can't bite vegetables (what if the same incident happen again)... fried rice is the safest and the easiest to eat...

I've had numerous types of fried rice before... from the normal Yong Chow fried rice to the Malay Kampung fried rice and Belacan fried rice and even the French fried rice... Back in the office... my colleagues call me the "Queen of Fried Rice"... hehehe....

I wonder how long I can continue eating the different variations of fried rice... until I run out of options... :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment