RoM Date Confirmed

Today OWLoon and I went to Thean Hou Temple to complete Step 1, 2 and 3 of registering our marriage... >> Application >> Declaration and >> Submission...

We reached the temple at about 3pm and there was barely any queue. While waiting for our turn, we realised that we're the oldest couple around... The rest of the couples were all in their early 20s... I mean, OWLoon and I are also 20s la... but late twenties...

The other peculiar thing was that the front desk staff was an Indian guy called Mathi. Who would've thought of that la right... Chinese temple somemore... hehehe... We paid RM99... and were given a receipt...

After that, we went to the Commissioner for Oaths office to declare that we're not married before... I was kinda nervous cos' I wasn't sure if I had to like literally swear in public... you know... palm in the air... "I solemly swear that blah blah blah..."... and when I asked OWLoon he said: "Ya... Must swear in public. Maybe they'll take our blood and ask us to drink it too"... LOL...

In the end, we only signed a couple of forms and submitted all our photostated documentations. The fee here was RM29.

Our RoM date is fixed on 09-01-09 (Friday) at 9.30am. Apparently, we're the 3rd couple for the day and each session takes no more than 10 minutes! It's kinda hard to believe that I've waited all my life only to be married off in 10 minutes! :)


Since it's a significant day, we took a photo outside the temple... and even bought the number 9109 at Sports Toto... hehehe...

0 comments:

Post a Comment