Dilemma Giler

This entire year and the year before this... I've been saving my precious annual leave... Brought forward 8 days (the max allowed is 10 yearly) from 2008 into 2009. This year, I've only taken 8 days and most of them were for marriage related tasks...

So... I now have 3 days of marriage leave... and 20 days of annual leave... After minusing the various upcoming Public Holidays (27-Nov) Hari Raya Haji (18-Dec) Awal Muharam (25-Dec) Christmas (01-Jan) New Year... I can theoretically have the entire month of December off...

But should I?
  • On one hand... the reason why I wanted to do so is to spend quality time with OWLoon in Kuala Selangor (in our beautifully renovated place). Since our place in KL will only be ready end of Q1 or early Q2 next year... there won't be opportunities like this (well at least not till the place in KL is ready). Also cos' we're planning to go for honeymoon (but have yet to decide where...).
  • On the other hand... I do have work commitments... should I be so irresponsible to just run off after my marriage? Though bosses were understanding... should I abuse the flexibility and dump my work on other colleagues?
  • But but, this IS my entitlement right??? Afterall I did stay at work when others went on their holidays throughout the year...
  • Then again... shouldn't I be responsible and thus be moderate in my leave applications?
  • But then again... shouldn't I play a part in being a responsible wife?
Aiyor... so how??? Should I or should I not take the entire month off?

0 comments:

Post a Comment