About Kuchai Avenue

The first time I visited the show unit for the launch of Phase 1, I fell in lurve with the place.

Open Concept
I've always liked to have the kitchen, dining and living room in one space separated by an island. The perfect place to spend time preparing ingredients for dishes just like Jamie Oliver you know... with friends and family surrounding him at the island.

Plus hor... I don't like to do household chores, so the concept is even more appealing to me... Heck, if I have to do the dishes, you jolly well sit near me to accompany me ya...


Size-able Yard
Although it is an open concept, there is still a yard at the side of the kitchen which would be the perfect place to cook and to store the washing machine... So ok la...

Right Size
Although the place is not huge. Only 935 sq ft, it comes with 3 bedrooms so I'm fine. But I think I'd likely turn the kids room into a study room instead...


Walk-in Wardrobe
The best thing bout the layout is that I can have a walk-in wardrobe in the master bedroom (area marked in green):


Flooring
What's good is also the fact that they will be using large tiles for the living, dining and kitchen and laminated wood flooring for all 3 bedrooms...

PLUS hor, the house comes with following:
[Top Left] Bathroom upgrade to full high wall tiles (instead of 1/2 or 3/4)
[Top Right] Wooden skirting around the entire house
[Bottom Left] Nice, fancy switches + free air-cond switches in all 3 bedrooms
[Bottom Right] Free water heater x 2 units
+ free shower screens in both bathrooms
+ free grille for front door and balcony
+ free legal fees for both loan and S&P

Decision Point
Though I liked the place, I wasn't very comfortable with the fact that there'll be 16 units on 1 floor... cos that's like DOUBLE the occupancy of normal condos... So, when they re-launch phase 2, I went back to have another look... This time round, it has lesser units; 12 per floor... but when we scrutinized further, the facing directions were not in my favour and so we were ready to walk away...

Sensing interests, the salesperson was quick to tell us about Phase III (Kuchai Avenue II):
- Only 8 units per floor (just like the one I'm staying in now)
- Facing North i.e. Kuala Lumpur (one of my best directions)
- Every unit's a corner unit (at this point, my parents & I were already sold!)

Unit Selected
We selected the following unit because of its' facing (outwards):
  • Cos if it faces inwards, noise level could be higher
  • Plus face outwards would also mean nicer view (cos facing KL instead of other people's balcony) but then again, if you like the view of chicks in undies from your balcony, then maybe you should opt for those facing inwards (hehe)
  • Not located next to the lift
  • Facing North - one of my good directions la...
  • No. 7 - my lucky number, cos I was born in July...

Final Step
The last phase was finally launched on 11 April 2007.
So last week (15 April 2007), I placed the actual booking of RM2,000 and brought along the necessary documentations for a loan application:
- Latest 3 months salary slips
- Latest EPF statement
- Latest bank account statement

I got a call from EON Bank yesterday (the panel bank) informing me that my loan's approved.

This Sunday, I'll be going over to sign the following documentations:
- Loan Offer Letter
- Loan Agreement
- Sales & Purchase Agreement (S&P)

As well as to pay the 10% down payment of RM16,750 (RM18,750 – RM2,000 paid for deposit). And although the purchase would mean a huge debt for the next 15 years, I am still ecstatically happy! Hooohooo...

3 comments:

April 24, 2007 at 9:52 AM Neil Tan said...

Wow. Nice to hear such good news from u after so many bad news in the world. Congrats and all the best to u

Cheers :)

June 2, 2008 at 11:37 PM "maemee" said...

[izack.chin] hi hi... i bought kuchai avenue II, the last phase. how bout yourself?

June 4, 2008 at 8:48 PM "maemee" said...

[izack.chin] i bought the 10th floor... :) btw, i heard the place will be ready (with CF) next year, sometime in september... is that true?

Post a Comment