What Is Your Dream?

Today someone mentioned something bout the importance of having a dream... no not the dream that you experience during sleep... the dream here refers to a goal, an objective... something that you want to achieve someday and sometime (and hopefully in this lifetime).

For the lucky ones, dreams do come true but for others, a dream may remain just a dream forever and eventually be forgotten. Some may see it as an act of building castle in the air... but really, everything starts from a dream. With a dream, there is an intention and with an intention, hopefully there is a conscious action in making it happen. It requires strict focus, long term diligence and effort. That's how dreams come true (of course with the right dose of luck, right timing, right resources, right knowledge and other necessary ingredients to the mix too)!

Then I asked myself... What is my dream? And the most ridiculous thought came to my mind instantly... I wanna be a rich tai-tai (and I've always wanted to be one for as long as I could remember)! Call me shallow, call me whatever but yup that's my dream! Will I ever achieve my dream? Chances are... NAH! Why? It's simple really... There has been no action from my part in making it happen. Rather than going places where rich fellas hangout like corporate luncheons / dinners / galas / whatever la, I'd rather leave it to fate i.e. if it happens, it happens...

So hmmm... that's obviously really just a "dream" that will likely not come true. So I prompted myself to think a bit deeper as to what I really wanna have / do (in my lifetime)...
Then, traveling came to mind. I wanna travel around the world! I want to be able to visit as many countries as possible. To experience as many different types of cultures, try as many different types of cuisine / delicacies, meet as many "nice" people around the globe, have the time of my life shopping at different continents in the world etc etc...

And again... WTF??? How the hell am I supposed to achieve that when I barely have the time for myself or enough to spend every month???

Maybe that too doesn't really qualify as a dream... Although it is the ultimate goal / lifestyle that I want but what's lacking is the bridge in between (the short term goals)... what the fuck am I supposed to do in order to have those.... what is it that I really like to do and at the same time will get me to the "final destination" that I have in mind?

So again... I asked myself... (knock knock... think harder!) what is my dream?
Try as I might... I couldn't think of any...

Some of my friends have really clear dreams and step by step short term goals to achieve it... take this one for instance:
- Start up a restaurant but start it small
- Eventually when it's big enough / profitable enough, quit day time job to run it full time
- When the brand name's established, begin having chains nationwide
- The finally franchising... like Coffee Bean etc
- End game: Moolah... ka ching!

Then it struck me that all these while... I had been living one day at a time... get good grades in school (cos that's expected), get a good job (and accumulate material gains)... then eventually, get a good husband and work towards building a future for our family (including education funds for our children, bigger house, bigger car, fatter paycheck) then plan for our retirement, grow old and D-I-E!

WTF man!!! That's just so fucking B-I-T-T-E-R!!!

All along, I've forgotten to even stop and ask myself what I really want to do! I have been sacrificing my personal interests that till now I don't even know what my interests are anymore! No wonder I'm always moody... I'm like a fucking ship lost in the middle of a wide ocean with no direction what-so-ever! Now is this fucked up or is this fucked up...?!?!

Sigh... So anyway, while I think about my dream, care to share yours? What is your dream and what are your plans to achieve them?

7 comments:

April 11, 2007 at 11:15 AM Anonymous said...

i wana shop for a living, paif to shop and shop only for shoes,comment on the latest trends and id prefer to just verbally give reports-no emails or proper reports thank you :)
oh and unless im a lucky biatch to do that, i wont ever come close to that dream, so till then instead of dreaming of me jumping out of bed to shop for a living, im gonna crawl and go back to reality to kick some ass. Haha. I wish kan. But yeah. Thats mY dream- sounds like a dream for bimbos.Didnt realize im unleashing the bimboness in me :P

April 11, 2007 at 11:16 AM Anonymous said...

I didnt realize i can actually finally post it.Then i forgot to copycheck and forgot to insert my name. Muahahaha.
signed, giggly neeta

April 12, 2007 at 8:06 AM "maemee" said...

[neil tan] no la, i don't think your dream is stupid. it looks like you've pretty much made up your mind on what is most important to you - your gf and family! but i must say it's a selfless dream cos most ppl will only dream about something for themselves... seemed like u have all the criteria to be a good husband / father... so ganbateh and good luck!

[neeta] bimbos don't kick ass u know... or at least they lack the finesse in doing so... only real WOMEN kick ass and u my dear is one hell of a woman! believe in yourself and your dream... someday... you could be some big shot managing some top fashion chains... n nooooo not just in KL but paris, milan, new york... hoohooooo... who knows... :)

April 12, 2007 at 10:38 AM Je5sie said...

There's always some long term and some short term dreams in life. At the moment, my short term dream is to sleep and dream of going for a vacation. haha. Long term dream will be... like you said, marry a good guy and get on with the routines of life. ironic, are humans that boring? Well, I recall someone saying ordinary isnt all boring. I think to live moderately is already a kinda "fook". At least no on will assassinate me cause I'm a billionaire. Agree? No?

April 13, 2007 at 6:53 AM "maemee" said...

[je5sie] hmmmm... that's an interesting way of seeing it... dun hav to be assassinated cos u got moolah... kekekeke, hv never occurred to me b4 but ya i supposed. it's how u look at things in life. my friend once told me this... be contended and u'll be so much happier!

November 21, 2007 at 10:09 PM JF said...

my dream??..hmmmmm...good one..i guess i'm quite simple..when i was young, i dreamt of opening up a bar..but then economy not so good, bar business got too competitive and most of all, i guess i'll be drinking more than the customers...so, that wouln't be ideal..haha..

but as i grow older..i guess priorities took over my dream..now my priority is my fiancee, my family, my career...they are most important to me..life is too short..so we need to do our best to appreciate what we have..actually, i think my dream can still be feasible one day..me fiancee and me both would like to open up a bar one day..hehe..maybe a small pub..something like a bar from the sitcom "cheers"..a place to go where everyone knows your name..hmm... :)

November 21, 2007 at 11:14 PM "maemee" said...

[jf] oh oh, if u open up a bar, remember to print discount cards vouchers for me k... hehehehe... nothing is impossible. daring to dream is the 1st step towards achieving your dream lor... :)

Post a Comment