An Airy Kind of Feeling

Never had I been so conscious of what I wear before...
Today, I opted to wear the "baju kurung" that I've only worn once before...
But this "baju kurung" is different from the normal sort...
The skirt is the type that you'll need to wrap around and tie (like a beach "sarung")...

And as usual there were many meetings to attend...
But when I stood up to leave one of the meetings, I felt uneasy...
Not sure why but I looked at my skirt and to my horror...
I discovered that one part of the skirt slipped and a small portion of my thigh was exposed!
It was a damn good thing that the "baju" was long enough!
Else god knows what else will be exposed!

But lucky thing I was on my way out, so I casually held on to my skirt and hurried to the loo...
For the rest of the afternoon, I had to like check on my skirt every 10min or so...
Until I found someone with a safety pin...

Anyway, I'm soooooooooooooo not gonna wear that stupid skirt again...
Either that or I'd stock up a truckload of safety pins!

3 comments:

April 12, 2007 at 9:07 AM Neil Tan said...

Wow.......Did expect to read such a funny incident. With ur title and beginining of ur entry i tot u had an airy feeling cos u got praise or something in meeting. But after reading everything i cant stop laughing now. Sorry to be cruel but my stomach aches so bad now. Haha :D

In 10 years time u can look back and tell ur kids or niece and nephew and u all can laugh together :)

Cheers :)

April 12, 2007 at 11:57 PM "maemee" said...

[neil tan] veli funnee izzit? i nearly fainted on the spot k... hmphhh...

[jessie] no la, not the one you saw. a different one... it's a BAJU KURUNG la - you know... 2 pieces one... long skirt and long top... :P

April 15, 2007 at 6:30 AM "maemee" said...

[val] 'zhou guan' ar... got lor, a small portion of my thigh was exposed but i was hopeful that nobody saw it... hehe... n noooooooooooo... i wouldn't wanna ask anyone bout the incident lor...

Post a Comment