Ang Pows?

This CNY, I no longer have to think of excuses or politically correct answers to the world's famous question by nosy relatives during family gatherings... "When are you getting married?"... cos' ahem, I AM already married! Hehehehe...

So the BIG debate now is whether I should be giving out ang pows or if I am still eligible for ang pows... So, here's my take on that: "Technically... I am married cos' I've just registered earlier this year... BUT theoretically... I am not cos' I have not officially gone thru the Chinese customary of "gor mun" yet... SO... net net... I am still eligible for ang pows this CNY!!!" :)

My relatives are all pretty cool about it cos' they continued giving me ang pow but ahem... they also made sure that the message was LOUD and CLEAR: "Last one ar... next year your turn to give DOUBLE di!!! Hehehe!!!" O_o

Tho' I received slightly lesser ang pows than before (thanks to my husband's 'kiamsiap' relatives)... my cool HUSBAND compensated the difference by giving me a BIG ang pow and I too gave him one just like how my parents exchange ang pows along with well wishes on CNY eve every year! Definitely a custom that I don't mind practicing!!! :)

Thus... am happy to say that my ang pow collection is still pretty satisfactory this year... my usual 4-digit!!! Hooray!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment