RoM Preparation

Whoever who said that there's nothing to prepare for Registration of Marriage (RoM) deserved to be slapped... cos' there are actually quite a few things to be done...

6 weeks before...
First thing first... the wedding bands!!! Honestly, if you ask me what is the happiest thing about getting married? It has got to be da bling blings!!! "Salah" priority I know... hehehe... We took quite a few weeks to get this done... cos' most of the wedding bands are normal looking and are usually just plain platinum bands... But one fine day while we were walking around in Mid Valley, we randomly walked into Diamond & Platinum... and that was where we found the wedding bands we both liked!



4 weeks before...
Next... we needed to ensure that we are properly dressed for the occasion... and this task alone sent OWLoon and I hunting shops after shops, boutiques after boutiques, weeks after weeks... OWLoon needed to get a new blazer and I a new dress... But we are both pretty fussy and vain by nature... Either the cutting's not right or the colour's not "ngam"... In the end... I got my dress a few days before the RoM and OWLoon got his blazer 2 days before!!! Talk about being last minute!!! This was the only photo of us in full length...


1 week before...
Since we spent so much time looking for our blings and our attires... we completely forgot bout the flowers for the day!!! OWLoon only managed to book this 2 days prior the RoM... had to rely on his judgement cos' I had to work... and lucky thing, it turned out great!



1 day before...
A day before the BIG day... I had to go and get my hair done too (must look nice la... somemore my hair is so short now)... Since I was already in my "vain" and "tai-tai" mode... I also went ahead to get a French manicure and pedicure... :)


And those were the preparations we did for our Registration of Marriage. :)

2 comments:

January 9, 2009 at 11:42 AM Colin T. said...

then you can slap me cuz i disagree with you on a lot of preparations. mine was getting the wedding bands, bring our parents as witnesses, sign the damn thing and done with it.

didn't really went to buy flowers or proper attires for ROM =P

But congrats yeah, happy woman!

January 11, 2009 at 8:34 AM "maemee" said...

[colin t.] aiyar, different ppl have different priorities ma... like how i had a colleague who spent a little fortune on wedding cakes and invitation cards... which OWLoon and I will save on cos' we intend to use the little fortune on something else...

for us, we wanted to enjoy the journey towards becoming husband and wife both legally and customary... hence the emphasis... but like i said, it's a matter of personal preference.

n yes! am a very happy woman! thanks lin lin!

Post a Comment