Fugly Braces

Of late... I have gained weight... 2kg to be precise... And this is kinda weird considering that I lost tonnes of weight when I first put on braces... Tho it is a good thing that I can now eat... but this is also the first time I feel as if my teeth has not moved or at least did not move as much as it used to...

So today, when I visited the dentist for my 8th ortho review, I told him my worries...

Apparently, one of the biggest problem with me was that I used to be "gummy"... and so the dentist needed to push my upper teeth upwards first before pushing it inward... and that takes awhile... And that was why I felt as if my upper teeth wasn't moving! The weird thing was that... when he told me I used to be "gummy" and that I am less "gummy" now... I thought I looked the same!

Nevertheless... I then asked him when I can remove my braces completely cos' I needed to plan for my pre-wedding photography and all... and he said DECEMBER!!! But but... I thought I'd be removing them in September??? 1 year 6 months ma... What happened???!!!

If I knew this is gonna happen... I wouldn't have agreed to put on braces in the first place! One of the biggest reason as to why I put on braces was so that I can be a pretty bride with a sweet natural smile!!! And when I asked if he could remove them temporarily so that I can have my pre-wedding photography... he told me that he can remove the wire but the brackets will have to be maintained!!! My blinking god!!!

So now I'm stuck with this fugly braces that aren't exactly correcting my protruding upper teeth as yet and that I am forced to look for a studio that will be willing to DI the brackets off my teeth for my pre-wedding photos!!! WTF???

Not to mention... the moolah that I have spent thus far...

xx-03-2008: $1,100 [Deposit, X-Rays, Photos & Moulding]
30-03-2008: $ 870 [Deposit & Upper Braces Fitting]
20-04-2008: $ 423 [Extraction & Medication]
18-05-2008: $ 325 [Wire Change]
17-08-2008: $ 325 [Bottom Braces Fitting]
14-09-2008: $ 764 [Extraction, Frenectomy & Medication]
25-10-2008: $ 385 [Upper & Lower Wire Change & Scaling]
23-11-2008: $ 385 [Upper & Lower Wire Change, Scaling & Rubber Loops]
24-12-2008: $ 325 [Wire Change & Rubber Loops Change]
24-01-2009: $ 325 [Wire Change & Rubber Loops Change]

YTD Spent: $5,227.00!!! Padahal he told me that the entire program would only cost me $6,000!!!

Damn kannasai I tell you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment