I'm Officially Married!

Today's a very special day in my life... 09-01-09... cos' I am now officially married to OWLoon! Since it's a memorable day, thought I should capture the details of what happened earlier...

Our session was supposed to be at 9.30am but since OWLoon and his family's from Kuala Selangor, we called to change the time to 11.30am instead. We were supposed to meet at Thean Hou Temple at 11.00am so I was a little upset when he arrived 10 minutes late... Luckily my friend was there to distract me... :)

We were number "20" for the day, not sure if it meant we were the 20th couple... nevertheless, once it was our turn, we were asked to produce our original ICs as well as the witnesses IC. Then we were asked to check the details on our marriage certificate...

Thereafter, we entered a little room... OWLoon and I sat side by side facing our fathers (our witnesses). Right in the middle, sat the marriage registrar person. We were then given 3 pieces of documentations to sign... 2 original marriage certs and 1 photostatted... which was rather funny cos' I was under the impression that we should say our wows first prior to signing...

Upon signing... we were asked to stand up... Now this is where the guy started saying our wows for us... in MANDARIN... Honestly, I can't remember half the things he said... partly cos' I was nervous and also cos' my Mandarin's not very 'canggih'. My colleague told me that we can request for the session to be conducted in English... but since everything happened very fast, I guess we forgot to request... hehehe...

Then it was the customary rings exchange session where my hands trembled a little... just a little... :)

And with that... we were pronounced man and wife...! Yay!

I was about to go to the back for the photo taking to begin when dear OWLoon asked the marriage registrar guy... "Don't we have to kiss?"... LoL...

We took numerous photos that day... cos' we've got 3 different cameras... my brother with his view cam... my brother's girlfriend with a point-and-shoot camera and my friend's brother with a DSLR camera...! So much so that we felt like celebrities that day! Haha!

Will post up more photos in a separate post but here's one with OWLoon and I as well as our parents... which marks the beginning of the union of OngLai clans on this auspicious 09-01-09 date... FYI, OWLoon's surname is ONG and mine's LAI. OngLai... means pineapple in Hokkien and the translation's a meaningful one... hehe... Ong = Auspicious, Lai = Come... thus OngLai = Money Come? :)

With that, "maemee" is now officially married and is also legally known as Mrs. Ong! Yay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment