Tragic Tragedy

I heard a terribly depressing story from a friend today.

Background
She dated this guy; "K" on and off. I mean, they attended some of our outings together and the last time we met was during a treasure hunt early this year... but apart from that, I don't really know how close they were.

The Depressing News
Today, I got to know that he committed suicide last Friday!

How It All Started
It all apparently happened cos the girl suggested that perhaps they should spend some time apart and before she knew it, he sent her a weird SMS stating: "I won't be bugging you anymore. Goodbye forever".

Sensing that something was wrong, the gal tried looking for him but he was no where to be found and his mobile was off! On Saturday, she got a letter delivered to her - which was apparently his final letter stating that he will be taking his own life and that she shouldn't be sad or cry for him!

The Tragedy
But that's not the worst part yet. The worse thing was, he chose to die in HER apartment on Friday by inhaling burnt charcoal!!! And she was the first person to find his lifeless body the following day!!! Can you even imagine the horror of it all???

The Depression
I really don't know what happened in between but the girl was totally wrecked!!! I mean, who wouldn't be la right. She couldn't sleep, she couldn't eat! And she insisted that she caused his death. For now, she is temporarily living with her friend cos according to her, she could sense his presence around her at home! Call it psychological or whatever but I agree with her that his soul could be wandering given that he didn't die a natural death.

Honestly, as a friend, I am so worried about her but I'm not exactly sure as to how I could comfort her. I mean, even if she gets thru this and continue living her normal life, I'm sure she'll carry the burden and the scar forever. It's no wonder, they have phrases like "scarred for life"... Sigh... Perhaps it is best to leave her to recover at her own pace. Some things can't be forced and I am definitely not in a position to ask her to forget the whole incident given all that she has gone thru! So ya... this is truly a depressing tragedy.

Food for thought:
Cherish life and those around you. It's so easy to end one's life but pity those who are left behind to endure the heartache, to moan the loss, to suffer the misery and pain of losing a loved one... forever...

0 comments:

Post a Comment