Cheng De: Day 5 & 6

We took a few hours bus ride to this place called Cheng De. Our first stop was "Bi Su San Juang" i.e. Place to Avoid Heat. No matter what the temperature is, this place will always be cooler than anywhere else in China. That was why, the temperature were negative sth sth when were there... damn cold!

It was here that we all felt unbearably cold. The tip of my nose was red, I couldn't move my toes (although I was already wearing 2 layers of sheep wool socks) and my finger tips were numb. See, even half the lake was frozen!

Since the place was damn huge (with tame deers) and was freaking cold, nobody wanted to walk (like I said, I couldn't even feel my own toes)... And eventually, the younger ones started crying...


So our female tour guide (can't remember her name but in Cheng De, she was our local guide) hired us buggies. Of course we were sibeh grateful to her then but it didn't last long cos as the buggy went thru the huge garden, the wind was just so strong and chilly that we couldn't even breath properly!!!

Then we visited Small Potarakung. This temple was apparently a smaller version of the one in Tibet. It was also here that I encountered the Chinese woman who peed standing!

There's something significant bout this piece of stone here... but I can't exactly remember what is was... think it was something to do with the river being warm all year round despite the temperature... dunno la...

The scary thing bout this place was the sheer number of people trying to sell you stuff. Before we could even get down from the bus, these people started gathering outside our bus...

But there was this funny conversation in the bus when we were about to leave:

  • A: I didn't want to buy at first... the asking price for this box of Olympic keychains was RM10. When I tried to walk away, he sold it to me at RM5... half the price wor... so I bought lor (then proceeded to smile smugly)
  • Awhile later, other tour members came back... then another one of them also bought the same box of Olympic keychains, so A asked how much B paid...
  • B: Initially they wanted RM10, but I walked away and told them my bus is gonna leave soon... So they pulled me back and gave me 3 boxes for RM10
  • A: HARRR???!!! How can? I just paid RM5 for 1 box!!!

Hehehehe... That's shopping for you in China... No standardized pricing one... :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment