Simple Pleasures

I was going thru a stack of magazines to look for a particular article yesterday when I saw this interesting article on ways to stay happy. The only one that strike me as relevant and the simplest of all (and yet not practiced due to unknown reasons) were what we choose to remember.

While it is good to rant / bitch out loud on paper, blog or other form of electronic diaries... it is important to DESTROY it later on so that the bad memories do not linger in your mind. On a long term basis, should your diary hosts only a series of mishaps or unhappiness that you endure, emotionally you will be so down that it might lead to depression.

Then I took a look at my own blog and I realised that I have a category dedicated to "Rant"... hehehehehe... and yes, I very seldom write about what makes me happy. I usually only blog about things that angers me or how depressed I felt and as I was feeling sorry for myself, I realised that I had forgotten to take a step back to simply marvel at the simple pleasures in life. Thus, from now on... I will try to document everything and anything that makes me happy... be it big or small matters.

This morning I was really happy. I left home at 9am and I reached office at about 9.15am. Ever since the new SMART tunnel was open for operations... (and free of charge for a month), I have been using it every morning. And every morning, I timed the duration I took to go thru the tunnel and the speed that I'm cruising with. It only takes less than 5min to go thru the entire 4km at 60kmph to 80kmph (yes, I am a slow driver). So there... simple pleasures in life... SMART tunnel for FREE...! Go try it... :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment