Lokter

I am down with fever, cough and flu... the full package (with chest pains too). So I came home at noon today and was just in time to catch my parents before they fly off for their holidays.

And you know what? Being home alone sucks especially when you're sick!
  • For one... I dunno what to have for dinner tonight...
  • Secondly, I realized that I forgot what time I took my med and am now in the midst of wondering what time I should take them again...
  • Thirdly, the whole house also seemed very empty and quiet so I had to leave the TV on...
  • Lastly, I felt miserable at home alone... I tried napping at the couch then tried doing some work at the living room then checked my mails in my bro's room... I was practically all over the house... except sleeping in my own bedroom cos my heart is pumping like mad... (must be the med)...
Sigh... I miss my parents already!

Anyway, the visit to the clinic was rather funny. This is the first time I visited this clinic cos it's near my house and is one of the panel clinics (wasn't feeling too well to drive all the way to the clinic I usually visit). The doctor was a rather young Chinese guy (bout late 20s) and every single sentence he uttered has the word "doctor" in it... like:
  • Come, say "ahhh" and let "doctor" see...
  • Breath in and breath out and let "doctor" hear...
  • "Doctor" will give you some medicine to ease your chest pain...
  • "Doctor" will give you MC for the day...
  • "Doctor" advise you to drink plenty of water and to rest more...
I'm not joking wei! He talked as if he was talking on behalf of another invisible "doctor" in the same room! Then again, maybe he was worried that he doesn't look like a doctor and therefore needed to convince me that he is INDEED a "doctor"! Sigh... I know la... lokter...!

2 comments:

May 28, 2007 at 8:22 PM neets said...

maybe right, there was an invisible doctor there, that dude was speaking on behalf of the invisible doctor.
hope you are feeling better sweets,and you wont feel that way until you plonk your ass down and sleep!

May 29, 2007 at 2:51 AM Colin T. said...

hahaha... maybe he's trying to role-play doctor and 3 naughty nurses. =P

Post a Comment