Memory Lane

Hmmm... this seemed kinda weird... I was happily reading one of Val's post when I saw "maemee" listed as one of the fellas tagged by HLCO to do a meme on music... and specifically music that I listened to when I was 18!!! That was like nearly 10 years ago wei!!! T-E-N.
So anyway, there are rules...
  • Go to http://www.popculturemadness.com/
  • Select the year you turned 18 (type the year in the google search)
  • Get all nostalgic over the songs of the year
  • Write about it
  • Pass this tag onto 5 others

So here it goes... join me as I journey down memory lane...

  • How Do I Live by LeAnn Rimes: 1997 was the year I started dating Ah Ong... and needless to say, the first few months of the relationship was as shaky as it could get and everytime I had any arguments with him... this particular song seemed to fit the mood...
  • All Cried Out by Allure: I remembered the first time I had Internet at home, my ICQ friend (yes, ICQ was a big thing back then... just like MIRC), my ICQ friend sent me this song... and for sometime, this remained one of my favourite songs...
  • Missing You by Puff Daddy & Faith Evans: One of the songs that were frequently played on Hitz.FM. At that time, my favourite hang out place in between classes was this Syed Restaurant next to my college where they play Hitz.FM loudly...
  • I Say A Little Prayer by Diana King: I first heard this song when I watched the movie "My Best Friend's Wedding" by Julia Roberts. I love this movie cos it was hilarious, romantic and touching all at once...

So yala, those were the songs I listened to when I was 18... :)

Now, I need to find 5 others to do the same, so here it goes:

Have fun!

2 comments:

May 29, 2007 at 7:32 AM Colin T. said...

wow... that's sure a lot of memories man. i have a few in my head right now, but too lazy to type them yet. will post them on my blog soon. k? =)

June 1, 2007 at 11:52 PM David said...

whoaaaa!!! All Cried Out by Allure... now I r'bered... u're the one who intro that song to me back then... whoaaa... ICQ... LoL!!! i r'ber getting that song from you via a 56K DU line... darn!!! those were the days... what a memory =) some silly stuff happened too aye???

Post a Comment