Crossing the Border

Sometimes, it's best not to mix personal and business together. I have always steered clear of that as I was just burnt way too many times. Recently it happened again. Everything seemed so fine and dandy and we were getting along fine... but that was until I got to know the other side of this person.

What I saw, shocked me to the core that I had to question my own judgment on people. My wise colleague told me this: "It is often a thin line between work and pleasure. People often wear a few set of masks to hide their true personality. And once that border is crossed, you may find yourself totally liking / disliking the person"

And I must say, I agree wholeheartedly with her statement. What I saw made me realized that I have been naive in thinking that I know this person simply because we've been working together for a while now. Sigh... Call me weird, call me whatever but I have my own code of conduct that I try to abide to... One is supposed to feel comfortable being with friends and not disgusted or agitated!

Nevertheless, it was a great lesson learnt and I vow never again to mix personal and business relationships together no matter how tempting and deceiving it could be.

P.S. The above were merely the disturbed thoughts in my mind that I wish to unload... Not that I was romantically linked to anyone else apart from my boyfriend... :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment