Mesyuarat

I am so tired.

Yesterday morning started with no water supply (water supply was turned off for dunno what maintenance work). I had to brush my teeth with drinking water. Wanted to "pang sai" too but since no water, had to rush to office to do it instead.

At work, I had a full day of diarrhoea in between meetings. I was rushing to get home cos' the stomachache was getting a little unbearable. But FML, when I left the car park, it started raining cats and dogs!!! Needless to say I was stuck in bad traffic jam for over an hour!

But that was not it. All the umbrellas in my car miraculously disappeared!!! Lucky thing my mom came to my rescue with 2 umbrellas in hand; one to be kept in the car, the other to shield me from the rain; albeit only for a few steps.

That night, I was so tired that I slept around 9pm. But then I suddenly got up at 1am and couldn't get back to sleep until about 2.30am so I felt like my rest was kinda interrupted.

This morning I had an early meeting to attend. When my alarm rang, I got out of bed with a terrible backache! The backache persisted throughout the day. And off all days, I had to go to our other office building in Sentral for a meeting. Since it was raining, decided to take the Putra instead of driving but my goodness!!! The walk from the station to the meeting venue was so far!!! I was in so much pain lugging my laptop bag; walking in my heels!!! But after the meeting, I had to go back to office (again, the same long walk with my laptop and in my heels) to attend yet another 2 more meetings.

By the end of the last meeting at 8pm, I was thoroughly exhausted with a long list of emails to attend to!!! Someone mentioned somewhere before that if productivity is measured by the number of meetings one has in a day, then he/she is ultra productive! If such, I surely am productive lor!

Unfortunately, it doesn't work out that way. While meetings are important to thrash out key decision points, meetings with no agenda or conclusions or actionable points are of absolute waste of time! And I especially hate it when I have too many to attend in a day cos' that would mean a huge backlog to clear!!!

So anyway I digressed. At the start of this post, I had wanted to establish the correlation of diarrhoea with backache since I had one after another. But I guess, this is a non-conclusive post after-all... just like the numerous meetings I attended today! :p

-- Posted from my iPhone 3GS

0 comments:

Post a Comment