070922 Paris

I got up early in the morning and made my way to the Eurostar Station to go to Paris!!!


Got off the train at Gare du Nord station (this is the station where they filmed Mr. Bean on Holiday). Honestly, it looked rather chaotic to me and all the signages were in weird sounding words (must be a direct translation of French). The transport system is terrible as compared to the ones in London! I had to buy carnets instead of a pass... and I had 10 of those carnets. But guess what? All the machines spit them out and thus after the trip, I still had 10 carnets left. Why ar? 1 to be used and 9 as back ups in case I lose them is it? Damn weird.


My first mission was of course to hunt for Louis Vuitton boutique at Champs Elysees.


When I was there, the entire boutique was FULL of people from nearly every parts of the world. Everyone bought bags as though they were in a flea market and ahem... I too bought 2. One for myself and one for my mom... :)


Next stop in my itinerary was Eiffel Tower (in Paris, Eiffel Tower is spelt as Tour Eiffel). I decided to take the cab after countless minutes of walking. Every single person I asked pointed me towards a different direction. Maybe cos I spoke English!!! Psychotic French! Cabs here charge a minimum of 6 Euro and the driver seat is located on the left!


When I finally reached Eiffel Tower, it was surprisingly GIGANTIC. Tho from pictures, the tower looked small, in real life, it is really huge! For an untrained eye, the base of the tower spans across an area of 9 Olympic size swimming pool! And the entire area is just full of tourists!

If you take the elevator, you'll have to line up. If you take the stairs, you'll also need to line up. Plus every level you go to is charged differently if you take the elevator. Level 1 - 57m at 4.50 Euro. Level 2 - 115m at 7.80 Euro. Level 3 the top level - 324m at 11.50 Euro. And if you decide to take the stairs, you're charged too... 4.00 Euro. Absolute madness. Everything is chargeable and the amount of people there is enough to fill a stadium!


I was due to return to London the same day, so the last stop was Place de la Concorde.

From Place de la Concorde, I walked back to Champs Elysees cos the Metro Station is just right opposite LV. Champs Elysees is really a shopping street with many branded shops. Other than that, just lots of people walking up and down that street. Weather is also way hotter than London. I was practically perspiring like a pig.


Then it was time to go back to London.

0 comments:

Post a Comment