Trafalgar Square

The Trafalgar Square was reputed to be both a landmark and a stage for cultural, educational, artistic and sporting events, ceremonies and festivals. So much so that the square was used for rallies, public gatherings and demonstrations before.

The minute I got out of the station, I saw the square with lots of people chilling out. There was even this Lomo exhibition in the middle of the square. The giant pillar here is called Nelson's Column and it was a pillar guarded by 4 lions...

At the end of the square, sits the National Gallery.

Here the entrance fee was supposedly 'free' but visitors are 'encouraged' to provide a donation of £3.50! Anyway, I was asked to provide my passport as deposit in case I run off with their audio guide! But since my passport is sooooo important (I will have to swim back to Malaysia if they lose it), I gave them my IC instead. Hehe.

Here, a lot of paintings were displayed and the audio guide provided a guide as to how the paintings should be viewed... in terms of colours, lighting, positioning, texture and etc etc... A bit too deep for me obviously... But anyway, ok la... cos there were sofas within each hall that visitors could sit on to "marvel" at the paintings... For me... I was able to rest my feet and back... so no complaints... :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment