St. Paul Cathedral

On the last day, I checked out early in the morning after breakfast but I parked my luggage at the hotel. The last place left uncovered in my itinerary was St. Paul Cathedral.


This church is famous because Princess D got married here and Her Majesty celebrated her 100th birthday. However as per all churches, funerals of well known people are also conducted here, for example Sir Winston Churchill.


After that, I had lunch at Pret a Manger.

Made one last stop at Harrods for presents shopping and then headed straight to Heathrow Airport.

This trip was truly memorable! Partly because this was the first time my company sent me so far (the furthest I've ever been was only Singapore previously) and secondly because I travelled alone throughout the whole trip.

I never would've thought that I could enjoy travelling alone. Ask me if I would before this, you will most likely get this look from me: "you-must-be-out-of-your-mind" cos back in KL, I wouldn't even eat alone anywhere! But ask me now... I would definitely consider!

It ain't easy but it was surely adventurous. I got to plan my own itinerary beforehand. Take my own sweet time in visiting. Eat only when I was hungry and stop to rest only when I was about to break my backbone... Absolutely no dependency on anyone else! It was all about me, me and me... where I wanna go, what I wanna do, what I felt like eating etc etc... A perfect time for soul searching too... I came back feeling refreshed, rejuvenated and relaxed but of course... poorer too!!! Then again, it was all worth it. I LOVE LONDON!!!

And oh... my new motto in life... Never ask, never know... :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment