Buckingham Palace

I got up at 6am and watched TV for awhile. Nothing much to watch tho' cos there were only like 6 channels available... When it was time for breakfast, I went down to the basement...

Prior to the trip, I've planned my own itinerary on the places that I wanted to visit. So after breakfast, I went out armed with my tube map, Oyster Pass and my London map...


First stop was Buckingham Palace - the official London residence of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. At the entrance, we were given an audio guide consisting of an audio player and a headset. The player was pretty cool. At every section, there was a short intro so that blur case visitors like me can at least know what we're looking at. Hehe.

We were introduced to the magnificent grandeur of royalties home comprising mostly of intricate gold carvings, giant paintings, beautiful furniture and some incredibly expensive decorative items (esp clocks!). There were many beautifully decorated rooms within the Palace.


As part of the visit to the State Rooms, a special exhibition celebrates the Diamond Wedding Anniversary of Her Majesty The Queen and His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh. It includes Princess Elizabeth's magnificent wedding dress, jewellery worn by the Princess that day and a selection of pieces presented to her on her marriage are on display - including the beautiful diamond tiara that secured her veil and the diamond bracelet given to her by The Duke of Edinburgh.

It was also here that I met a Korean lady traveling on her own. We parted ways after we took turns snapping many pictures for one another.


That concludes first half of the day. Next would be Westminster Abbey.

0 comments:

Post a Comment