Thames River

I had an appointment with my childhood friend; Jo at 11am. So after breakfast, I took the tube to Notting Hill Gate, where the Portobello Market is located.

After that, I went to Covent Garden.


Jo asked me what I wanted to see so I showed her the places that I've covered (she was kinda surprised that I managed to cover so many places within my tight schedule... hehehe...). So in the end, I told her I wanted to see Tower Bridge and she took me on a boat ride along Thames River which cost £6 per person.


The £6 turned out to be a good deal cos along the river, the view was great. Check out the clear blue skies.


In London, most of the buildings are old looking, but along Thames River, there were many newly built architecture.


More photos:

But of course, London would not be London without its famous old historical sites.


More old buildings that gave London the magical charm that made it so special:

Along the river, we also saw many other boats:


Initially, we intended to visit St. Paul after the boat ride. But the boat ride took longer than expected, so we decided to have dinner instead. Jo took me to her favourite restaurant in China Town and introduced me to one of her friends...


After dinner, she bought me a drink.


We only left cos it was getting too cold to sit outside. When I bade her farewell, I felt like crying. Honestly, I don't know when I'll ever see Jo again. I've known her for over 15 years! The last time I saw her was probably 5-6 years ago when she decided to work in London. Nevertheless, I was very happy to be able to see her after so many years. Afterall... we are all getting old... with different aims and objectives in life...

0 comments:

Post a Comment