Judge This: Part I

Setting the stage:

  • Subject: Boyfriend's super duper bitchy sister - let's call her BFH (bitch from hell)
  • Why: Known for being bossy and loves butting into other ppl's business... feels as if she's the queen of the house and therefore has every right to interfere in whatever she fancies
  • How: E.g. Called the brother's gf's mom (gf then, wife now) in the middle of the night and demanded money - apparently phone bill was very high because of their courtship...
  • What: Huge argument with me...
  • When: Exactly a year ago...

How it all started:

  • BFH: I can't look after my brothers forever you know. The place that we're renting now... I won't be renting it for long cos I'm gonna get married soon... As his gf, you better start planning for him
  • Me: Hmmm... OK

Since my bf's family's from another state, the siblings had to rent a place together in KL. After she said that, I consulted my father and he said no prob - cos so happens we have this low cost apartment (given by government many many years ago but only recently completed development). So my parents planned to rent it to my bf at RM200 (market price: RM500) and proceeded to renovate the place so that it's cosier (despite it's size).

When everything was completed, my bf brought BFH to visit the place and this is what she said:

  • BFH: Hmmm, so small... Must throw away our dining table and eat on the floor... then proceeded to walk around... bout 10min later, left the place but my bf got a call from his father (Bf's Father - BFF)
  • BFF: Your sister said the place's a gangster place. If so dangerous don't stay there... continue renting with your sister la... why the hassle?

What BFF didn't know before jumping into conclusion:

  • (1) The apartment is located at Taman Tasik Selatan - near the army camp. Gangsters had to be stupid or brainless to do anything foolish around an army camp let alone build their nest there
  • (2) Stupid BFH was the one who told me to arrange my bf's accommodation
  • (3) Nobody asked BFH to stay there, it was meant for my bf alone (since she has already hinted that she won't continue renting with her brothers anymore and was already staying in with her bf then)
  • (4) My parents asked my bf if he is sure he wanna stay there before we started renovating the place. He said OK so we renovated the place (at least RM10K gone)
  • (6) We're renting it out dirt cheap to him at RM200 although market price is RM500

Now that everything's completed, it was so easy for them to just say: It's ok la... can rent out to other ppl one what... What they should have thought about before uttering the brainless comment:

  • (1) If we want to rent out... we DO NOT NEED to renovate so extensively and even have kitchen cabinets etc installed - basic house can already fetch us RM450... so why the hassle to renovate???
  • (2) We spent money to renovate so that the place is cosy despite the size for my bf to stay there comfortably. The rent difference between a renovated house and a non-renovated one there is only RM50... if we wanna rent out, DO WE HAVE TO RENOVATE?
  • (3) We are not renting the place for the money. Heck at RM200, when are we ever gonna recover the RM10K spent??? It was just so that other ppl won't think lowly of my bf for having to stay in my parents' house for free. Also... where the fuck in KL can you get an entire house for only RM200??? Yes it's small, about 600++ sq ft but it's only for him alone... so how big does it have to be?
  • (4) If the stupid sister has the intention to stay along and thinks that the house's too small, we too have bigger condos at Subang (which she cannot afford to rent)... all she needs to do is ask AND NOT CRITICIZE sarcastically by saying that the place's a gangster den (when the place was newly developed with only 20% occupancy) and that they will have to eat on the floor

What happened then?

  • I gave BFH a thorough scolding and even called her father to explain
  • In the end the father said: It's ok la... my daughter... has something wrong with her head... you dunno only... but I do... don't take it to heart...

So I thought that everything was OK and was even prepared to forgive her but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, BFH had to twist and turn the entire story to make her look victimized. Last CNY (a year ago) when I visited her house:

  • She was the first person I saw when I entered. When I said hello, she showed me her black face and proceeded to watch tv as if I was transparent
  • The the mother said this: Since you're younger it's ok la. Just say sorry to sister then everything will be fine. Just like the other time, bf's sister-in-law (the brother's wife) also had a huge argument with sister. In the end she apologized and everything was fine!

Again, refer pointers above on what the mother should have thought of before uttering the brainless comment:

  • Why should I apologize when BFH obviously was the one who started the whole damn thing?
  • What have I done wrong when I helped arranged for my bf's accommodation when the own sister wanted to abandon him?
  • Why must my family be dragged into this and spend RM10K for nothing and in the end be accused of wanting to rent out to my bf for money?

To be continued...

2 comments:

February 20, 2007 at 9:23 PM "maemee" said...

you're so right. even my bf's sister-in-law said this:

"she thinks she's the queen of the house. 10 years ago when u asked me bout their family, I told you that the parents' OK. it is the sister that you must be careful of. these days, i just can't be bothered. i only greet her out of courtesy"

if i alone think that she's a bitch, then maybe i'm prejudiced. but now even the sister-in-law thinks so... so there must obviously be something very wrong about her.

i don't care if she wanna be the queen of the house so long as she doesn't interfere with my business and cause me or my family unnecessary misery!

February 21, 2007 at 6:19 AM Colin T. said...

i think your bf should be the only person in picture to say something and you should not listen to anyone else.

just my dua sen

Post a Comment