Last 2 Days of CNY

Nin Chor Yee (2nd Day of CNY)
Today my parents achieved an amazing feat. They cooked for a total of 12 people to dine at one go. Although there were more people during the 1st day of CNY, everyone took turns to eat thus dishes do not have to be timed. Look, we even had to "extend" our usual dining table to accommodate the merry dozen:

In the end, everyone had a jolly good time and nearly everything was gobbled up... truly reflecting the spirit of CNY... get-together-be-merry-eat-and-get-drunk... hehehehe...


Nin Chor Sam (3rd Day of CNY)
After many many rounds of cooking and playing host from eve of CNY to the 2nd day of CNY (3 full days in total), Chor Sam is when we visit our relatives' house for a change:

  • My parents went to my aunt's house for a get-together
  • My bro went to his gf's grandparent's' house for an interrogation session (joking)
  • I went to my bf's house

And in the end, all of us met up at my other auntie's place for a round of steamboat and yes, another round of monopoly :)


For the remaining days from Chor Sei (4th day) to Sup Mmm (15th day), the visiting will continue although probably in smaller groups - like today for instance... my mother's friends will be dropping by for dinner.

So ya... That pretty much sums up the CNY celebration this year cos I'll be starting work on Chor Sei (4th Day of CNY). Gong Hei Fatt Choy to all!!!

1 comments:

February 20, 2007 at 6:10 PM cincailah said...

eat, eat and eat... good spirit!

Post a Comment