Asshole of the Century!

The dumbest thing happened today...
  • Colleague: Sth sth bout YY...
  • Me: While you're at it, maybe you could evaluate YY. You won't be going back so soon right, can we like have a short discussion after this... I'm going for a meeting now
  • Colleague: Oh ok... you can send me all the stuff and I'll take a look at it
  • Me: OK (In my heart, I was thinking: Wah not bad... pretty efficient)
But halfway through the meeting, the same colleague called:
  • Colleague: I really need to escalate this to you. The MM folks went ahead and presented XX and it was approved without the new YY component. Now they have the chit to tell me to stay back and get it done for them tonight. I really can't do it. I got project A, B, C, D and E...
Halfway along the line, I've already suspected that he was trying to call his boss but accidentally called me instead... so I calmly said: Hi (colleague's name). I think you've got the wrong number. This is (my name)...
  • Colleague: - S . I . L . E . N. C . E - (Proceeded to talk as if he meant to call me all along) I hope you understand... I'm really very tied up... I got project A, B, C, D and E...
  • Me: I totally understand. You could've told me earlier and I would understand it. Don't have to resort to escalating unnecessarily...
  • Colleague: I'll try to see if I can finish it on Monday for you...
  • Me: It's ok. I'll update my boss on this. Anyhow, I've already gotten what I need for this. But since this is an additional component I thought it would be good if your team takes a look at it first, but no worries... I have sufficient $$... so it's ok...
  • Colleague: Proceeded to blah blah blah about how tied up he was
Now what I don't like is this:
  • If you have an issue - be a MAN! Raise it there and then! I'm not you! I dunno how you think or how you function and besides, this falls under your scope and I'm just following the process. Don't be a cry baby running to your boss for nothing!
  • Be HONEST you scumbag! Did I say I wanted it tonight? Did I ask you to stay back? My meeting was at 4.30pm... work ends 6pm... Did I ask you to stay back? You must be suffering from some chronic deafness or something?
  • Don't PRETEND to be efficient when you're not! You're just a fucking lazy ass with a big title and an even bigger empty brain!
Now isn't that the dumbest thing???

0 comments:

Post a Comment