Qing Ming II

Yesterday, we went to Nilai Memorial Park to visit grandfather. As usual, we had to get up like extra early so that it doesn't get too hot when we're busy cleaning the grave later. By 7.30am, there must've been like hundreds of people there already:

First stop was of course the temple.

After that, we proceeded to clean my grandfather's grave. Here's a picture of my grandfather's "house". As you can see, he lived past 80 years old... And the "funny" thing bout my family is that... my grandfather has 3 different surnames: Lai, Loi and Lee. All my uncles and aunties have different surnames. Like how we're Lai, but my auntie's Loi and so forth.

After that, we made a detour to visit my grandparents (mother's side)... an annual affair too.

Here's a picture of my favourite grandfather... the one who used to call me "maemee" in teochew. Of all my grandparents, I like him the most and I was told that I was also one of his favourite grandchildren. His death came as a shock and for sometime, it was hard to accept that he will forever be gone. I remembered dreaming bout him once. Everything seemed so real that when I got up knowing that it was all but just a dream, I cried uncontrollably. After so many years, I still think of him occasionally and that's how much I miss him.


Dear "gong gong"... may you rest in peace...

P.S. "maemee" is pronounced as "may + mi" not "mar mee" not "mam my" and definitely not "meow mee". You can criticise me but DO NOT ridicule the name that my "gong gong" gave me. Just like how "gong gong" has a special place in my heart, the name that he gave me will forever have a special meaning in my life. Thank you.

3 comments:

March 31, 2007 at 9:51 PM Colin T. said...

huaaa vickie someone stole your blog template faster tembak her! SHOOT! SHOOT!

http://hiaopoclub.blogspot.com/

April 1, 2007 at 6:57 PM Anonymous said...

*cherish me cherish me*

April 2, 2007 at 7:32 AM Neil Tan said...

:D Finally can sleep peacefully liao............

Was so damn stressed tat this was gonna turn ugly :(

I know the feeling......Once I..........Oh over liao hor, better let sleeping dogs lie and dun talk bout it liao :)

Anyway, really sorry bout it. Look forward to meeting u again and maybe introducing u to "ah san" :o

Cheers. :)

Post a Comment